Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys,

My drivers seat was squeeking real bad (Nissan would not fix it even though is still under warranty) so I took it out this arvo and fixed the problem. However when I put it in again the airbag warning light flashes on the dash (owners manual says that this means there a problem).

I checked the airbag fuse and its OK. I also disconnected the -ve battery lead to reset the ECU but this still didn't work. The connection for the seat airbag looks fine. The seatbelt waring light is part of the saem connector and works fine.

WHAT HAVE I DONE????

Look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Cheers

Clint :helpsmilie:
Silver '03 Track

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You have electronics in the seat. Be sure your wires are plugged and connected tightly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Smooth Z - I have defiently dne this and there is still a problem. The wire jack for the airbag is the same jack as for the seatbelt warning light. The seatbelt warning light works so the airbag must work????

Im getting pretty worried now :(

Clint

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any other suggestions? I did loosen the seatbelt clicker bolt (because this is where the squeek was coming from - stopped after I greased it). Thought it was interesting that it was attached to the seat and not the floor?

The bolt would not undo the whole way so I didnt force it. The handbook says that the belt pretensioner is part of the airbag circuit. Could this have anything to do with it?????

·
Registered
6 Posts
BUMP^^^^^^^^^^^ having same problem. Dealership says they have to reset it. $35. If i would have kept my mouth shut and waited till they replaced the plastics on the seat then say they did it it would have been free. I wonder if i build a OBDII converter for PC if any one has software to reset this since it is not just a standard sensor? Any thoughts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This fixed it for me Eletech. Follow it carefully and use a stop watch if possible. It took me quite a few goes to nail it but it worked in the end! :)

1. Turn ignition switch from off to on
2. Within 1 sec of airbag warning lamp being on for 7 seconds and then turns off, turn the off the ignition switch
3. After iginition switch is turned off, wait 3 seconds
4. Repeat steps 1-3 twice (3 total times)
5. Turn on ignition switch

Cheers RGS AKA Clint

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey thanks, this really worked. And ur definitely right u have to get the timing down just right. Does this mean that the airbags aren't gonna work now though? Cause i took my car to the dealership and said it would cost $130 to look at it even though i already told them wuz up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Using a stopwatch is not necessary. I used the method below which is similar to the one metioned above. Much easier to do and should work on the first try.

Flashing Blinking Airbag Warning Light Reset Procedure
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh my god.. What am I going to do without that annoying light?

Worked great for me Thanks!

Using a stopwatch is not necessary. I used the method below which is similar to the one metioned above. Much easier to do and should work on the first try.
Flashing Blinking Airbag Warning Light Reset Procedure
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts