·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now to just install the thing :biggrin:

·
Registered
506 Posts
It's funny... looks exactly like my kitchen a couple weeks ago. Nice choice... can you do me one small favor though? Will you take some pictures on where you mount your Sirius brain? I haven't installed any of my components yet, and am wondering where to stick the brain.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by DaTaSPiKe@Oct 23 2004, 02:58 PM
It's funny... looks exactly like my kitchen a couple weeks ago.  Nice choice... can you do me one small favor though?  Will you take some pictures on where you mount your Sirius brain?  I haven't installed any of my components yet, and am wondering where to stick the brain.

I am going to put it where the current one is. Right behind the driver seat. My sub is in the truck so behind the driver is just dead space. I have my amp and tuner in there. I plan to put the kenwood tuner and Nav brain (when I get that) in there too. I'll post pictures of it when it is done.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I've always liked the 7015. Looks great in the Z dash opening.

Dirn, why havent you put it in yet?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Dirn, make sure you don't hook up the illumination lead in the wiring kit. Aparently they have been having problems with it because it fried my unit. Lucky I bought the extended warranty from Cartoys and got a hot swap, so I back up.

Just FYI.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Originally posted by Gundam02@Oct 24 2004, 04:04 PM
Well Dirn, make sure you don't hook up the illumination lead in the wiring kit. Aparently they have been having problems with it because it fried my unit. Lucky I bought the extended warranty from Cartoys and got a hot swap, so I back up.

Just FYI.

You've got me kind of concerned with your comment here. Who told you and how do you know the Orange Illumination wire caused your problem?

As I am sure there are other members, including myself that have the orange illumination wire connected as seen here in this

Picture

Please give a little more detail on this, if you could...

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I have the illumination wired hooked up and have not had any issues. However i dont think it does very much so it might as well not be there..

seems people with the 7015 are having bad luck right now...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by DaTaSPiKe+Oct 24 2004, 07:30 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Gundam02
@Oct 24 2004, 04:04 PM

Just FYI.

You've got me kind of concerned with your comment here. Who told you and how do you know the Orange Illumination wire caused your problem?

As I am sure there are other members, including myself that have the orange illumination wire connected as seen here in this

Picture

Please give a little more detail on this, if you could...

Thanks,
Chris

Ok, basically I was told that it could have been the problem.

I had the unit installed Sat night and it was working perfect. I played with it in the garage for quite a while, then I went to get dinner. My trip was uneventful and I listened to MP3's the whole way.

Sun morning I go outside to activate my Sirius and oops the HU won't turn on at all. No power at all, nothing. So I take it to Cartoys and the guy bench tests the unit. Nothing he does can get power to the unit (which sucks because I have a 5 day old CD from Best Buy in it :angry:). We begin discussing what could have caused it and he said lots of things, but can't be certain. Then he went on to tell me he wasn't going to reconnect the illumination wire because they have had problems in the past and as a rule no Cartoys location connects the illumination wire.

As he is telling me this I began to remember that when I was testing it and when I was driving it Sat night the brightness never changed when I turned on the lights. Might just be coincidence, might not be, who knows. But I do not have the illumination wire connected in my car and so far it works great. I've yet to figure out the auto dimmer, but that should solve my brightness issues.

Other than this I really have no basis for the fact that the illumination wire could be bad, but I am going to go with the place that sold me the unit and replaced when I broke it. Tomorrow morning if I get in my car and it is dead again, I'm going to be PISSED!!!!

Hope this helps. If you do have it installed and working already does the dimmer work when you turn on your headlights???

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Yes, the screen gets dimmer when i turn the lights on.. not by much so you have to really watch for it.. since i drive with mylights on during the day, this is a useless feature for me and i am going to disconnect it

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by toykilla@Oct 24 2004, 08:46 PM
Yes, the screen gets dimmer when i turn the lights on.. not by much so you have to really watch for it.. since i drive with mylights on during the day, this is a useless feature for me and i am going to disconnect it

So, have you yet found a way to change the color from the blue and green to red and orange??? Like our dash is?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Originally posted by toykilla@Oct 24 2004, 07:46 PM

I just did the same...

Thanks to Gundam02 for the posting of this, as I am sure it'll save a lot of people a useless hassle.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by DaTaSPiKe+Oct 24 2004, 09:29 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-toykilla
@Oct 24 2004, 07:46 PM

I just did the same...

Thanks to Gundam02 for the posting of this, as I am sure it'll save a lot of people a useless hassle.

Thanks,
Chris

It might be interesting to know how many of the people that are having issues with the 7015 do have (or did have) the illumination wire connected.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts