Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found if moving to aftermarket suspension components fixes the tire feathering problem? I'm thinking of buying an '04 350Z, but i'm concerned about tire feathering. I'm wondering if dropping $1500 or so on an aftermarket suspension like the NISMO S-tune will fix the issue? Any other aftermarket setups that seem to take care of the problem?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Has anyone found if moving to aftermarket suspension components fixes the tire feathering problem? I'm thinking of buying an '04 350Z, but i'm concerned about tire feathering. I'm wondering if dropping $1500 or so on an aftermarket suspension like the NISMO S-tune will fix the issue? Any other aftermarket setups that seem to take care of the problem?
don't spend $150 -- at least not for feathering issues. It's not the dampers or springs that cause the problem. It's the geometry. So front upper A-arms ($390-$800 depending on mfr) and front toe arms (do they exist yet?) will work. I had mine ('03 Performance) in for feathering twice. Had no problems since the last time. They were supposed to have altered the toe.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Change tires.. I have upgraded suspension including front upper camber arms and the feathering persists on stock tires..

Aftermarket 19" tires have shown no feathering for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts