Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I am looking for a set of black projector headlights for my Z. Will the lights in the link below be a direct replacement of the stock headlights or will there be any modification involved to use the stock HID bulbs? Are there any other options out there for black projector headlights? Thanks in advance.

03-Nissan 350Z Projector Headlights & Nissan 350Z Angel Eye Halo Headlights

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm sure these headlights are replacements for the Base halogen lights. I don't think they would be offering the HID light kits if this were not the case.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So are there any aftermarket projector headlights that are a direct replacement that can be used with stock HID's?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Not that I have seen. And if there are, I'd be willing to bet that they are **** just like the aftermarket halogen lights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that I have seen. And if there are, I'd be willing to bet that they are **** just like the aftermarket halogen lights.

So what do you recommend if I want blacked out headlights? Tint the stock ones that I have on now? I am just worried about light output because my windshield is already tinted 35%

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
So what do you recommend if I want blacked out headlights? Tint the stock ones that I have on now? I am just worried about light output because my windshield is already tinted 35%
Get a set of the legit OEM projectors, put them in the oven, take them apart, black them out, reassemble... Anything else is going to kill your visibility...which you seem to have already done with the tint.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Wait a second, your windshield, as in the front window, is tinted to 35%??? That sounds like a horrible idea.

To answer your question, don't tint the lens (i.e. reduce the light output), do what Willy suggested and paint the silver reflectors black.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That looks awesome. :clap: Didn't know your headlights had been done like that. I like the hood, too. Is that stock with CF?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys! I did most of the work myself. I sent the parts out to be painted by LightWerkz because I didn't feel confident risking the paint job on irreplaceable parts for $1600 headlights. I also added upgraded clear projector lenses while I was in there for better color and cutoff.

Yes Smooth, that is an OEM style hood. I don't have it any more. I got a ridiculous deal on it so I thought I'd give it a shot to see if I liked it. I couldn't stand the yellow color of the resin (making the overall color greenish), the 90% fitment, and the ripples I saw looking down the hood from behind the wheel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am just worried about light output because my windshield is already tinted 35%
If this is true then you are a complete idiot. Besides it being illegal in every single state to tint a windshield, you are just asking to kill somebody at night when your visibility is screwed.

On a separate note, don't EVER tint headlights. If you want the blacked out look, then have your lights opened up and paint the entire housing (or buy a painted set), but don't ever tint headlights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Blacked out shiny bits!

PS. Like mine:

Hi there, i'm in the UK, and own a black 05 Roadster, i'd love to achieve the same look you have, in your pic. They would look fantastic in my black colour. Can I ask you, was it easy to diss assemble the headlights, ie, in an oven, and also what paint did you use, and finally, re assembling, glues to use?! Any reply would be helpful, I've been mulling this over now for months, it's a great car, and i'm wanting to keep it another 4-5 years or so, so money I spend, I know I wont get back, but what the ****!!
Thanks, Jon.
PS My personal email address is: [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
350Z Headlights

Get a set of the legit OEM projectors, put them in the oven, take them apart, black them out, reassemble... Anything else is going to kill your visibility...which you seem to have already done with the tint.
Hiya Willy, I,m the proud owner of a 2005 Black 350Z Roadster, and would love to do as you suggested, open up my oem headlights, Zenon2, and paint the interior shiny surfaces black. Can I ask you for some advice, using the oven method to open them, :: What black paint to use, and also what glue to use when re-assembling them? Yours look great, if mine came out anything like it, i'd be a happy guy! Thanks, look forwards to your reply, Jon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts