Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been browsing some vendor sites, and it just seems like nothing new is coming out.. Has the market already been flooded with performance parts? Seems like all the big names have already produced their equipment for the z and now the scene is stagnant. Of course there are a few exceptions like APS, and T-netics, but for the most part there really isn’t anything new coming to market.

Am I wrong, or is there something I am missing? If I am right, basically we can choose from what is available and not expect to seen much more innovation until the next Z ?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Isn't JWT working on a TT setup right now?

It's not going anywhere. We are THE car when it comes to aftermarket support right now. Us, the EVO, the STI, and the Neon are the only things leading the market. I don't think we're going anywhere soon.

Manufacturers are probably slowing down on making new things so they can promote the things they already have out. I think there will be much more support to come.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I think the market is flooded with inventory and it's just not moving. I'm sure there's always R&D for the race teams and manufacturers of those parts, but we're not seeing much on the streets.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well my issue is this. Prices are so high, for so little gain, and a great chance to void my warranty (and at the very least give my dealer ammunition to make me pay for any work thye have to do).

I mean, to get over 300 crank hp, I need to spend, what, 1000 bucks for intake and exhaust? Not to mention what I already spent on the car....

And, its fast enough as it is for many of us (though I would like to take on some LS1s at the strip). But its just not worth blowing the warranty and spending 10k for F/I for most of us.

I do think eventually I will do some stuff, I am already getting my wish list together and I have 4500 miles on mine, but still, I could spend 3000 bucks and maybe get 30 hp out of it. No wonder sales are not good. The domestic guys buy a friggin 100 dollar intake and get 30HP. (Dont get me wrong, I LURVE my Z though, I am just talking about aftermarket upgrades and cost being toooo high).

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Yes, it is hard to justify spending that kind of money for something that will eventually cost you driving time by keeping the Z in the shop. I'm torn about the FI because of the costs, but I want a screaming banshee so bad.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
You've got to take into effect the fact that the z is just now entering it's third production year. Obviously in the first year or two aftermarket pieces are going to come fast and start to slow afterwards. What kind of parts are you guys looking for that you don't already have? Anyone who's done body kits has (at least) one for the Z, and the performance mods are still coming - just took more development.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'll tell you where I think the market can still use some new parts.

I would like to see a company sell direct replacement interior panels made out of Carbon Fiber. Or wrapped in a leather skin. Also, There needs to be more focus on custom carpet interiors. We could also use a line loc system that is compatible with ABS.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Carpet type installers don't really have 'kits' that you would buy over the internet... it's more of a 'go in and have it done' mod. I think the Z is doing **** well in the aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
It surely is the best one in the aftermarket IMO. There are more covers with our cars on it than anything else right now. We're the hottest crap out there...just expensive to mod. I really think manufacturers are just trying to push their products while developing much better ones. An example is plenums. There are a lot out there, but everyone is waiting because there are some really awesome ones on their way.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I think the aftermarket scene needs more models. I'm tired of seeing the same girl over and over... :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">They could put Tiffany Lang on the cover of every car mag out there. I'd buy them all

</span>

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I'd rather them put Mercedes on them. I'm not looking up pics since I'm at work now...but all of you know what she looks like :wink:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Mmmm....Mercedes. :lickme:

·
Registered
71 Posts
As others have said, I think the market is getting satured with parts particularly easy bolt ons. I think you will still see new parts coming out but they will be more complex parts/systems that have been in development for a while (ex: AEM Engine Management System).

The Z is still one of the leading cars in the tuner world, right there with the Evo.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Nice wheels, Baumer. Speaking of which, that sector of the industry will never slow down. Wheels are something we always need. Maybe I can arrange to have mine stolen...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Baumer@Dec 10 2004, 04:21 PM
People will always want their own personalized look for their ride and wheels are the best way to do that..  I'm on my second set of volks and I know some people that have had alot more sets then that!

Those people need to either throw money my way or give me their used sets of wheels! :jk:

I like how competitive the wheel market is compared to other high dollar items. I think that if I ever go with a new set of wheels, I will be sticking with that choice for a very long time. I'm kinda loyal that way.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am just waiting for all the prices to fo down and also my warranty to expire. Thats why I have a '91 240sx that I am fixing up. Lots of parts and people are still making more parts for this car. I am in the process of install bushings. AHHHHH...!!!! I just needed to vent.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts