Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to your site. I just bought a base model 350 z simple because of affordability. Unfortuanately as amy of you know it does not come with cruise and my dealer told me i could get after market cruise. Does any one know of such a product and how to get it ? Alo if there is a place within 500 mile of Hickory NC to get it installed (28601 zip)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Charles
[email protected]

·
Registered
538 Posts
Chip, Welcome to the board. Did you get manual or AT? I have the Touring model, which comes with cruise and have only used it once (just to make sure it worked). The car is some much fun (even in 6th gear) that I dont have much use for it.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
gdojrIt's a manual. He got the Base trim.

And as far as cruise control goes, I've never used mine. It's the one thing I wish the Enthusiast hadn't included. Computers already have enough control of my car, they don't need more.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I never use cruise control. It seems the antithesis of the control that a driver of a sports car like a Z is seeking, to push a button so the car can drive itself.

I would gladly have saved whatever the cost of the cruise control was on my Track. The buttons are in a promenent place on the steering wheel spoke, and it is easy to hit them by mistake and turn on the cruise control accidentally. I have done it several times. Yick.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Richard 350z@May 1 2004, 04:32 PM
and it is easy to hit them by mistake and turn on the cruise control accidentally.  I have done it several times.  Yick.

<span style="color:darkblue">That's a talent. I've on occasion hit a cruise control button, but never two buttons in the right order to turn it on.
</span>

·
Registered
538 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@May 1 2004, 12:08 PM
It's a manual.  He got the Base trim.

Sorry, did'nt read carefully enough. Hey DiRN, are you going to catch all my mistakes? If so, I will make sure that I post only when sober.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Haha. Yes, yes I am. Haha. It's fun to make fun of the drunk people. Actually, I've been really bored most of the day and this is what happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate everyones input on the cruise but I really want to have it, I drive 30 miles to work and dont want tickets .Does anyone jnow if there is an aftermarket cruise control available for the bas with a 6 speed? Please let me know where i can find it as well.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I don't know of any, but if I hear of something, I'll let you know.

And just out of curiosity, if you need it to monitor your speed, what are you going to do when it rains?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Chip,

I agree, i'm looking for a place too. I wouldn't need it except that my family lives in Ohio and I live just outside D.C. 500 miles is just too **** long to hold that pedal, espessially since, on long hauls, I get a cramp in the top of my foot because of the position of the gas pedal. Kinda wish it was a little farther away, or at a different angle or somehting. Anyway, when I bought mine at Brown's Fairfax Nissan (VA) the sales guy told me there was a shop nearby that would put it in for like 500 bucks. I don't know if that includes parts or not, but it'd be worth it to me. I still have to check into that, so when I find out definately, I'll let you know.

I think where you live may be inside 500 miles from me, not sure though.

I also want to find out if it will disrupt the warranty having aftermarket cruise put in. I'll let you know.

Till then,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well guys I have been researching installing Cruise Control on my base model. I got a hold of the Service Manual and it looks like the only thing that we need is the switch that goes in the steering wheel....
EXCEPT!
I stopped by the dealership and they said that the base uses a different wiring harness, which sounds completely crazy to me that nissan would do that. They also said the BCS computer/connections were different, which also sounds crazy to me.

The only thing that lends to there theory is that the base doesn't have any options for advanced electronics in it, like Naviagation etc... SO maybe the wiring harness is different, or perhaps Nissan did it that way, so that people would pay more for a higher model so that they could get the Navigation system...

So any of you guys that have dug into these cars, like a base model verse any other model, Are the wiring harnesses the same or different?

Matt

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@May 2 2004, 10:29 AM
And just out of curiosity, if you need it to monitor your speed, what are you going to do when it rains?

DiRN -

what on earth does that mean? in other words, whatcha been smokin'?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts