Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A semi-new car will require much less maintenance than a used car, as high mileage means natural wear on automotive parts and a significant maintenance cost. The semi-new vehicle, especially in the 30 to 40 thousand km range, will have only preventive maintenance. The used car for sales in New Zealand has the advantage of having insurance prices more affordable than the used one, as they have not yet depreciated too much in the market, but also in the new, especially in the value of the deductible. Of course, this item depends on other aspects, such as the insured's profile and address, but in general the semi-new insurance is another competitive advantage. What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
1,372 Posts
Welcome- I think the definition between "semi-new" and "used" cars is a matter of fact and opinion. A new car with few miles (or kilometers) but lots of abuse may be worse off than a well-maintained used car with many more miles. The key is a good mechanical assessment and whether good service record exist. Insurance prices in the States do vary with mileage, and with the 350Z , whether the car has been totaled and rebuilt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is absolutely accurate. In my experience mechanical assessment and service record would do just fine. Sometimes the condition tells you all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome- I think the definition between "semi-new" and "used" cars is a matter of fact and opinion. A new car with few miles (or kilometers) but lots of abuse may be worse off than a well-maintained used car with many more miles. The key is a good mechanical assessment and whether good service record exist. Insurance prices in the States do vary with mileage, and with the 350Z , whether the car has been totaled and rebuilt.
I do agree with that but it also depends on the exterior as it really matters for the value of your car in the near future if you want to sell it. I personally keep my 370z clean with Yourautomaster car wax and I know if i want to sell it, it'll help me a lot to sell it in the market

·
Super Moderator
1,372 Posts
There's no doubt that a shiny exterior with well-cared for paint affects the value of a car. The problem with many buyers is they only look skin-deep, and fail to look critically at the mechanical condition of the car. Glad you found some car care products that you enjoy using on your Z34. For myself, I'm a fan of Blackfire sealant, and it keeps my 18-year old Z33 looking like new.

·
Super Moderator
1,372 Posts
I don't know about the OP, but I just finished the 60K service on two of my four Nissan/Infiniti vehicles. Nice to know they're ready for another 60K miles of trouble free driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts