Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyon have any experience with either of these products? The KuramaZ version is sold through Performance Nissan

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Mine's in the shop getting painted and installed as we speak! :biggrin:

I'll let you know how fitment is. I bought it from Gruppe-S a couple of months ago after I drove off the cliff. I'm really excited to see how it looks when I get it back! :lol:

Here are some pics of it:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Basically.

It's the same as the JDM Nismo front end, but it's polyurethane instead of fiberglass. Also, the lip is molded instead of looking stuck on, and the emblem is shaved off.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine's in the shop getting painted and installed as we speak! :biggrin:
I'll let you know how fitment is. I bought it from Gruppe-S a couple of months ago after I drove off the cliff. I'm really excited to see how it looks when I get it back! :lol:

Do you have a web address or phone # for Gruppe-S? What is their price for the bumper?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
$499 + $75 shipping

www.gruppe-s.com

General Sales Inquiries (24/7): [email protected]

Order Status Inquiries (24/7): [email protected]

Phone (M-F 10-6 PST): (510) 783-5300

Fax (24/7): (510) 783-4300

Ask them when they can ship it before you order though. Mine took a while to ship out. Since they ship Greyhound to save money, they waited until they got more orders for them to pick up. It ended up being 2 or 3 weeks before they even shipped out my bumper. :werd:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Thats such a nice lookin bumper. I also really like the silverstone hood with the vents (it must have been a CF hood that they sprayed). Looks better with paint match than CF!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just placed my order for the bumper through Performance Nissan today

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Anyone with longtime experience, I was interested becuase I always liked the Nismo bumper but the other day I saw one and the fitment was OK in general but the top front where the hood meets it was slightly wavy like the edge was not rigid enough and was maybe sagging.

·
Registered
182 Posts
should have waited DM4 - we are about to do another local pickup group buy for these...we've done 2 so far and worked out great, with around $100 savings!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I was just looking at this thread the other day. I really like that front bumper. :drool:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was just looking at this thread the other day. I really like that front bumper. :drool:

OHHHH, now you tell me!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
should have waited DM4 - we are about to do another local pickup group buy for these...we've done 2 so far and worked out great, with around $100 savings!

Opps wrong quote, let me try this again.... OHHHHHHH, now you tell me!!

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
yeah, i posted up pics of these when they were first offered, just looks better seeing end results painted (those were just for showing fitment). this is one of the things i am doing once i return in August. But if i do this i am also thinking of protecting it alot better than the stock one was. i have heard there is a clearbra pattern for the NISMO style front ends. if anyone heard this also or knows something just let me know.

·
Registered
92 Posts
****..those look pretty good! Im thinkin of taking off my greddy lip and buying one of those front bumper!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I put mine on last weekend. Drove over to Gruppe-S & picked it up, saved shipping, paid tax.

I like the looks fine. Fitment is good, I wouldn't say 'excellent', per se...had to drill the hoes for underneath...No sags, tho...

There's already a CS in this thread. Mine looks just like dat.

Painted it in the garage, so we have a doghair to wet sand out, once the clear has set up.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I put mine on last weekend. Drove over to Gruppe-S & picked it up, saved shipping, paid tax.

I like the looks fine. Fitment is good, I wouldn't say 'excellent', per se...had to drill the hoes for underneath...No sags, tho...

There's already a CS in this thread. Mine looks just like dat.

Painted it in the garage, so we have a doghair to wet sand out, once the clear has set up.
Do you have a grille yet? Where did you get it from?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I went a couple of places looking for a sheet of expanded mesh...I was just gonna shoot it semigloss black & screw it into the back of the bumper (it has bosses for this). I need to go to a metal shop, as **** Depot & Orchturd carry only precut sheets, none long enough to cover.

I'll do the mesh when I find it...not too worried about it now. Or maybe I'll make a billett one...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts