Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by 24boosted@Aug 22 2005, 07:53 PM
Is that urathane, frp, or fg? The fit looks pretty clean for a knock off bumper. How much?
[snapback]148233[/snapback]​

I believe its polyurethane and they have it at $499.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Aug 23 2005, 05:41 AM
For $499, you're better off just getting the NISMO one.. lol  They should reconsider their price for the knockoff..
[snapback]148319[/snapback]​

Isn't the real Nismo made out of fiberglass and cost more?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by tlclee+Aug 23 2005, 06:03 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jetpilot718
@Aug 23 2005, 05:41 AM
For $499, you're better off just getting the NISMO one.. lol They should reconsider their price for the knockoff..
[snapback]148319[/snapback]​

Isn't the real Nismo made out of fiberglass and cost more?
[snapback]148612[/snapback]​

For some reason I can't find anyone that sells the NISMO front bumper.. as far as I can remember, it was like $500-600 or so..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow...thats cheap for a real Nismo bumper. Is it the lip or complete bumper?

There are more pictures of this beauty!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not bad. First, they eliminated the indent for the front emblem and second, it is made of urethane. In other words, it will flex and not crack. For $500, that is certainly worth it.

As for Jinxxy comment about the IC, forget about that. Stuff a bunch of brake cooling ducts up front!!! Oh, and an oil cooler.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does anyone know if the tow hook can still be used with this bumper? Or would you have to cut the piece that covers it's insertion point?

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Does anyone know if the tow hook can still be used with this bumper? Or would you have to cut the piece that covers it's insertion point?
I'm ordering one tomorrow and I was wondering the same **** thing. I would imagine you can still utilize the hook, but I don't see how w/o damaging the tab.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm ordering one tomorrow and I was wondering the same **** thing. I would imagine you can still utilize the hook, but I don't see how w/o damaging the tab.

Yep...I've actually had to use my tow hook.....don't ask.....

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
You guys need to talk to Buddy. This is the bumper he has on his car.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I can't get to the tow hook, that tab is not removable. You'll have to take the bumper completely off the car. Never bothered me because I've never used mine.

It's hard to get the lines of the bumper to show up in pics since my car is black, but here are some for those interested in the bumper. I got mine from Gruppe-S too, and it's a great bumper with good fitment too.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/Stud...60065Medium.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/Stud...60063Medium.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/Stud...r/autox_159.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
I can't get to the tow hook, that tab is not removable. You'll have to take the bumper completely off the car. Never bothered me because I've never used mine.

It's hard to get the lines of the bumper to show up in pics since my car is black, but here are some for those interested in the bumper. I got mine from Gruppe-S too, and it's a great bumper with good fitment too.
Did Gruppe-S send yours Greyhound? If so, how did that work out? Also, did you order a grill from them or have your bodyshop make it?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
That's where it got tricky. Gruppe-S did send it Greyhound, but they wait until they have enough orders to justify sending them out... which means I waited over a month before they even shipped it, and you have to pick it up at the station (BIG ASS BOX). I had to get a metal mesh grille from mcmastercarr.com which I paid too much for and it was silver. I painted it black, and cleared over it... and it gets rock chips a lot. Z1Auto used to sell a grille made for the Aerosync, but every time I called they were out of stock. I've still got a little mesh leftover, so I'm going to have it powdercoated and put on my Z and see how that holds up. You would think it would be really easy to find a universal grille mesh but I've had no luck.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Since this is an old thread... the price is now $399 shipped.

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
That's where it got tricky. Gruppe-S did send it Greyhound, but they wait until they have enough orders to justify sending them out... which means I waited over a month before they even shipped it, and you have to pick it up at the station (BIG ASS BOX). I had to get a metal mesh grille from mcmastercarr.com which I paid too much for and it was silver. I painted it black, and cleared over it... and it gets rock chips a lot. Z1Auto used to sell a grille made for the Aerosync, but every time I called they were out of stock. I've still got a little mesh leftover, so I'm going to have it powdercoated and put on my Z and see how that holds up. You would think it would be really easy to find a universal grille mesh but I've had no luck.
Thats good to know. I'll just get all factory parts then. No sense in waiting a month because I want her in the body shop ASAP. I called Z1 auto and they told me they have no means for shipping just the grill...??? They seem like dumbasses every time I have talked to them with ******* employees with poor customer service skills.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts