Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
The best way in my opinion is anerobic exercise. Just choose whatever exercise u like to do (e.g. Jogging, bike, swim etc) and follow the below routine:

1min High Intensity
2min Medium-High Intensity
Repeat the above at least 3 times in a row. The more times u can do it the merrier. But build up and dont be a hero! Especially if you have old injuries.

Also remember to strech, warm-up & cool down. As for doing it in the morning before breaky is simply because your operating on an empty stomach. Therefore your body targets the fat stores for energy.

Drink lots of water during the day and most importantly eat right.

The eating right is hardest for me... I love food... hehehe...
:cheers:

-K

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
:lmfao: Same here. My wife thinks I'm a freak. :hump:
My GF gets cold way too easily. Probably because she has the car heater turned to full blast, and I counter by rolling down my window to avoid passing out.

I just hope **** isn't as hot as rumored....... :seesaw:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Elliptical....
I did this for a while, and really is effective, I came from 200 lbs to about 155 of course with diet and weight training. until I just switched to running - also try the spin class the one with the stationary bike - I think thats a good aerobic workout.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
+1 to cycling, it's great fun. Although it can quickly get as expensive as working on cars. Swimming would probably also work, but I'm uncoordinated in water, so thats out.

~Pat

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Does climbing stairs count? I've been 'training' for the past month to prepare for a 52 story stair climb. I can't think of anything useful to help my training, so I just do ellipticals and treadmills. I'm not going to overtrain before the event.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
QUOTE (NoZYet @ Jan 5 2008, 01:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=473656
+1 to cycling, it's great fun. Although it can quickly get as expensive as working on cars. Swimming would probably also work, but I'm uncoordinated in water, so thats out.

~Pat
You can cycle in colder weather ( say 40º) if you have the right clothing. I can get pricey.

Fitness hybrid ...bascially a flat bar road bike. I've had it for ~7 months and logged over 2K miles to date.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Wow, that's a nice bike. I'm getting my hybrid modified this winter. Need to get a new front suspension and upgrade the brakes, crank, etc. I think it's time after 9 or so years. I do a lot of off-road biking with it, and my shoulders ache after a while. I think getting a new front end will help a lot.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Dec 19 2009, 10:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=588200
Wow, that's a nice bike. I'm getting my hybrid modified this winter. Need to get a new front suspension and upgrade the brakes, crank, etc. I think it's time after 9 or so years. I do a lot of off-road biking with it, and my shoulders ache after a while. I think getting a new front end will help a lot.
If you add or upgrade a front suspension component be sure to get one you can 'lock out' when you take it on asphalt/pavement. The travel in the suspension will use up some of your pedaling energy. Wide, bouncy tires do more to absorb normal shock transmitted to the rider than suspension components....so think about investing in some new tires too.

My 1989 Trek 970 hardtail mountain bike with a 'Thudbuster' seatpost. The lugged steel frame makes it a very smooth riding bike....much better than the aluminum shown above. Almost all of the components on this bike are original and work flawlessly.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Uphill run.... not for the weak.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPCPD8GD-1w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPCPD8GD-1w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

·
Registered
772 Posts
If she was leading the way I think I would run just about anywhere. :hump:

I really have to start throwing some cardio into my workouts as well....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cardio is pretty awesome but you have to make sure you look out for your joints. Running out on the road and such can have one **** of an impact on your knees. As far as training for a stair climb.....squats, calf raises and deadlifts would help quite a bit.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Jan 2 2010, 07:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=589235
Uphill run.... not for the weak.
My hike yesterday -- if I would / could have ran -- I would have been puffing like that! It was SUPER steep in some places and thankfully flat in others. Not sure I'll ever be a hill runner, but maybe a hill jogger. ;)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts