Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some ideas for aerobic exercise. Running is pretty much out of the question. I damaged my hip joint years ago and while I can run for short distances, long distance running isn't very comfortable.

Right now I am mixing it up with jump rope, punching bag, and form practice (kung fu).

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
The jumping rope is excellent,it does the whole body good. I need to start an exercise program. Like I said,I need to do self discipline.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
The new craze... http://crossfit.com/

This stuff is crazy effective. Keeps the body guessing and pushing the limits. I got good results over the summer.

Another thing that comes to mind is how MMA fighters train. That's intense! I love how it makes you sweat in such a short amount of time.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
if you wanna get fit, swim. And if by aerobic you mean, "burn fat", you need to keep your heart rate low. Walking actually burns much more at than running. Once your heart rate exceeds 140 you start to burn mostly carbohydrates (until you run out).

Either way...swim FTW. Swim fast, get fit, swim slow, get skinny. ...lift weights, get huge...pretty simple really :)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Yeah, swimming is great. Just don't get deydrated. Make sure you're constantly hydrated if you're going to do an hour of hard swimming, treading, etc.

You like that pic, Willy? Had no idea, thought it was a random thing.

As for burning fat, best time to do that is in the morning right after waking up and before any breakfast. The body is forced to tap into the fat stores to get energy. I never thought I'd like working out in the morning, but it definitely has it's advantages.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cold weather in Texas? :rolleyes: :rolf2:

I've been taking some latin based and hip hop based dance classes, 6 classes a week, but I don't supposed that would be good for your hip.....or your male ego :lol:
cold weather is relative :nana:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
cold weather is relative :nana:
Yes it is. It was -20 with the wind here yesterday. That's not conducive to running or doing anything outside. Crazy stuff.

I'm going to incorporate all kinds of random workouts to my routine so I don't fall into a rut again. My main focus will be boosting my core. That will include squats, dead lifts, standing shoulder presses, etc. I'll throw in running, biking, burpies, pullups, stuff like that to really break it down and keep it guessing.

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
I am telling you.. it does some weird things to a person.

If you have no "body fat", it can really affect you. You'll retain less heat than the average person.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
If you have no "body fat", it can really affect you. You'll retain less heat than the average person.
nothing truer has ever been said.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Unfortunately, shrinkage is one of them.

I'm the direct opposite. Long, hot summer days make me crazy.
:lmfao: Same here. My wife thinks I'm a freak. :hump:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts