Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gatta question I am considering putting a X-Box in my Z. I tend to take long trips from sac to fresno all the time. I love playing the X-Box and my girl loves driving my car. So I see its a win win situation. I just want to know the size screen I could fit in my center console.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">I think most screens that would drop in will be either 6.5" or 7"</span>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Just be careful. There's a case in Alaska right now about a guy who installed something like that (he was watching a DVD) and veered into the other lane killing someone. They say it could be premeditated since he disable the safety switch for bypassing the ignition.

Not that I want to rain on your parade or anything, but I have a feeling your GF would get distracted.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
It was late, I was tired...
I meant to say that the mfg has some kind of failsafe 'switch' that supposedly turns off the device when you turn on the engine. A lot of people get around this problem fairly easily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well in most cases...i would say its kinda a waste of money to do sumthin like that..but i think ur case is one of the only ones where it actually is a good idea. I mean if ur girl likes to drive then u may as well find sumthin to do in the passenger seat...

Altho....I prefer to drive on long trips..cuz then my girl can find "interesting" ways to entertain us both

1 - 11 of 11 Posts