Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm a noobie............I've been looking for wheels for awhile. I had wanted 18's....but most places are really pushing me to get 19's. AND a lot of the wheels I like are only made in 19.......are 19's too big? Will I get any rubbing? Do most of you have 18's or 19's........I'm looking at IForge Swift or IForge Evo.....but what do you think about the sizes.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I love the look of 19's as opposed to 18's for show quality. Are you going to be tracking your car any? What widths are you thinking about getting?

You won't have rubbing issues with 19's if you have a 35 profile tire. Even with my Eibach springs, I'm clear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't track, race, or show.........its a weekend car for me. I love it....but Just drive it on weekends for fun.

Fronts would be 19 x8.5 Rear 19 x 9.5

thoughts? I'm just worried, this will look TOO big. Mine is a silver roadster.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If Infiniti can roll 19's on the G35 stock, then why wouldn't you want 19's as well? 18s look kinda small. 20s look too bleh and becomes borderline "big suv with too large of wheels" look. Just IMO. I need a shorter lunch break.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
19's look great as long as you can afford them :) Those sizes should not have any fitment issues.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
After talking with Derek at Spyeng.com (San Diego), I'm going with 19's (they should be delivered tomorrow).

Rims: 19x8.5 (5x114.3) with 1.2" polished lip (front)
19x9.5 (114.3) with 3.2" lip (rear)
Tires: Toyo's T1R's - front: 245-35 rear: 285-30's

Rims are JAZ VER-1's.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i love my 19s, but i drive alot and have already bent 2 of them.. its very expensive to put new rubber on them also (near double the cost of 18s)

·
Registered
300 Posts
19's are awesome but come at a price. Expensive rubber, higher chance of bending them on crappy roads (potholes, road derbis) etc. If you want to look the best, **** the risk and cost, go with 19's. If you want high performance and great looks, go with 18's.

I have 18" Nismo rims and they are a great choice IMHO. Forged by Rays, look great, relatively cheap rubber (cheaper than 19's), specifically made for the Z.

But wow 19's look awesome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice guys! I'm going with 19's. Iforg Swifts. I didn't know about the possibility of bending......like some people have mentioned, but as I said, its a summer weekend car for me 3 -4 thousand miles a year........If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll do it after the install this weekend! Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You'll be fine with 19's. Make sure to post them after you put them on.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by fanatic1@Aug 25 2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the advice guys!  I'm going with 19's.  Iforg Swifts.  I didn't know about the possibility of bending......like some people have mentioned, but as I said, its a summer weekend car for me 3 -4 thousand miles a year........If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll do it after the install this weekend!  Thanks again!
[snapback]149196[/snapback]​

My opinion most likely won't count, but I have yet to see a set of 19's IN PERSON that look good. They are just too big. They look like wagon wheels on the Z.

They look awesome in pics, but looking at the same wheels in person really proportions things more realistically. And realistically, they look like wagon wheels IMO.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Originally posted by Zivman+Aug 25 2005, 10:44 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-fanatic1
@Aug 25 2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the advice guys!  I'm going with 19's. Iforg Swifts. I didn't know about the possibility of bending......like some people have mentioned, but as I said, its a summer weekend car for me 3 -4 thousand miles a year........If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll do it after the install this weekend! Thanks again!
[snapback]149196[/snapback]​

My opinion most likely won't count, but I have yet to see a set of 19's IN PERSON that look good. They are just too big. They look like wagon wheels on the Z.

They look awesome in pics, but looking at the same wheels in person really proportions things more realistically. And realistically, they look like wagon wheels IMO.
[snapback]149496[/snapback]​

"Different Spokes for Different Folks" - Sly & the Family Stone.
(I saw 'em at Woodstock!) :yourock:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Put my 19's on today. Don't look nothin like wagon wheels! :cheers: :goodtimes:

Pics will follow as soon as I use up the roll of film. (and I put the Eibach's on next week!)

Wheels can make such a difference...

(and rubber)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Originally posted by RUFDRAFT@Aug 26 2005, 10:36 PM
Put my 19's on today. Don't look nothin like wagon wheels! :cheers:  :goodtimes:

Pics will follow as soon as I use up the roll of film. (and I put the Eibach's on next week!)

Wheels can make such a difference...

(and rubber)
[snapback]149780[/snapback]​

I'm very interested in seeing your pics and more comments.

fanatic1...can't wait to see your pics too!

Thanks guys :shiftdrive: :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ALRIGHT! The wheels are in, and they will be installed tomorrow. (tuesday). Also, because of this I'm selling my OEM tires and wheel set up. they are the stock 17's with 420 miles on them. I don't do Ebay at all, I'm not looking for much. I'll let the entire set go for 400.00 plus shipping. Anyone interested, please feel free to email me privately, or respond here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MY WHEELS ARE ON!!!

They are BAD A$$$$$. SO AWESOME. 19's are perfect! Thanks for all the advice. Iforge Swifts, in Chrome. 19 8.5 fronts 19 9.5 rears 245, front and 275 rear tires.........THEY ARE BAD!!! I am so happy. The front has a 2.5 inch polished lip, the rear is a 3.5 inch polished lip. I will post pictures as soon as I'm able to. OH! And I had my calipers painted red, and they look GREAT through these rims. I'm a very happy guy!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts