Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
nice ride I do like the chrome its a tough choice cause I really like the chrome but they are also a lot heavier... but I guess I'm leaning towards chrome maybe?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Z Pilot where did u get urs? how much were they? and what offset do u have?

Any info u got would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by Mikey@Aug 11 2004, 02:26 PM
Z Pilot where did u get urs? how much were they? and what offset do u have?

Any info u got would be appreciated
Thanks

$2400 out the door with rubber. I was just searching my computer for my offsets but I guess I lost all my data when I updated my OS a few weeks ago. If I remember correctly, ADR only offered one offset and that was 0.35 but I'm not sure. The only other info I have is in my sig.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So where did you get them? and what tires?
sorry bout all the questions...I'm just eager to get them

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Those wheels are beautiful!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by Mikey@Aug 12 2004, 04:16 PM

Alright Mikey, because I know how hard it is to pick out wheels, I went digging through stacks of papers. I got the wheels and tires at Wheel Expressions in West Palm Beach Florida. They weren't $2400 but were $2600 out the door = $1300 for the wheels and $1080 for the rubber. That includes:
2 - 19 x 9.5 x et35
2 - 19 x 10.5 x et35
2 - Dunlop SP 9000 245-40-19
2 - Dunlop SP 9000 285-35-19
Balancing
Locking lug nuts
Taxes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Heh, Im new so you're probably going to hate me for having a differing opinion. I would definetly go with an 18" wheel setup. I make this recommendation as when you get a 19" wheel you are going two sizes up versus the stock wheel diameter. Most professionals agree anymore than 1 size up in wheel diameter can adversely affect performance; remember you own a 350z, a sports car. Concentrate more on performance than looks, maybe you could get a slightly higher tire profile to fill the gap. Also, I think Sport Compact Car had an article concerning "the perfect handling Z" where they acheived neutral steer via a non staggered fitment (same size wheels all around). Just do your research.

·
Registered
2 Posts
this is what 20" STERN wheels look like...... the ride is rough but looks very nice..... 19" rims are the ideal size for the Z because they dont compromise the ride.......

ADR WHEELS 350Z !!!
(previously with 19" ADR MSPORT Hyperblack wheels)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I was at Golden Apple Brands Hayward, CA warehouse Friday, prototyping a set of NEX coilovers for the 350z for them....got a good price & installation/adj. free!

Anyway, they are the manufacturer/importer of ADR & Stern wheels. The Stern SP1's look real nice (like M-Sports...), They make a set in 'hypersilver' with polished lips...would look nice on my silver Z33!

Here's the link to Stern, supposedly an upmarket brand from ADR:

http://www.sternwheels.com/

& a pic of your MSports on a pimpy Z!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
& Zweet it iZ! The guys @ GA like your car, too.

Are you NorCal local?....(looks like GA HAyward warehouse in the background)

I'm in the 510

·
Registered
60 Posts
well I decided to go with the ADR M-sports in hyperblack. 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 and I love them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally posted by Z Pilot+Aug 13 2004, 04:14 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mikey
@Aug 12 2004, 04:16 PM

Alright Mikey, because I know how hard it is to pick out wheels, I went digging through stacks of papers. I got the wheels and tires at Wheel Expressions in West Palm Beach Florida. They weren't $2400 but were $2600 out the door = $1300 for the wheels and $1080 for the rubber. That includes:
2 - 19 x 9.5 x et35
2 - 19 x 10.5 x et35
2 - Dunlop SP 9000 245-40-19
2 - Dunlop SP 9000 285-35-19
Balancing
Locking lug nuts
Taxes
:cheers:

The Volk SF Winning with Toyos were only $3000 shipped. $400 is not much of a difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would also like some help on this subject, because I have tried to buy ADR rims and I cannot get anyone to sell them to me in Pensacola because they are claiming ADR is a suspect company. I really, really like the ADR Sterlings and M-Sports but I dont know what to do... Basically I am looking for some assurance from other ADR owners that these are quality rims.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by tlaudig@Nov 20 2004, 04:47 PM
I would also like some help on this subject, because I have tried to buy ADR rims and I cannot get anyone to sell them to me in Pensacola because they are claiming ADR is a suspect company.  I really, really like the ADR Sterlings and M-Sports but I dont know what to do...  Basically I am looking for some assurance from other ADR owners that these are quality rims.

I hear a lot of people trashing these rims as too heavy or inferior finish, but I for one have had no trouble. I don't track my Z so weight wasn't a top issue for me. I have been very pleased with my ADRs. They do caution against using anything but car wash and wax and I have never gone against that advise. Maybe that's the difference?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts