Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done it? Where do you get the resonators from? How much did it cost to get them welded on? Could you tell the difference in rasp before/after?

Basically I have Helix test pipes with a Gruppe-S Y-pipe, and while I LOVE the tone I'm getting, I'm getting a lot of rattles and rasp too. I'm thinking I can brace the Y-pipe and keep it from rattling, but I'm going to try to improve some rasp too. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i had resonated pipes and that same y-pipe and the rasp was really strong..

150$ you can get some megan resonated test pipes, which has got to be cheaper that you can add them to the non-resonated pipes

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you're saying resonated pipes isn't going to fix the problem?

Where is the rasp coming from? Is there ANY way to get rid of it? :dunno:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
There is a misonception that rasp is directly caused by test pipes.. it can be caused anywhere in the exhaust system. One possible reason for that particular y-pipe is the 3" exit. The exhaust is only 2.25-2.5" after the y-pipe, so there is a pipe diameter mismatch which is not good.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone make a midpipe with a 3" entrance that bolts up to the stock muffler?

Like I said, I love the tone, but the rasp and rattles aren't going to do it for me. :werd:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Don't do it. You'll lose out on HP and torque if you go resonated. Just my 2psi.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Don't do it. You'll lose out on HP and torque if you go resonated. Just my 2psi.
Resonated pipes should not affect performance they are the same open pipe but with perfortaed skin and a pack to muffle the sound.

Does anyone make a midpipe with a 3" entrance that bolts up to the stock muffler?

Like I said, I love the tone, but the rasp and rattles aren't going to do it for me. :werd:
We manufacture a 3" mid pipe that bolts to the stock muffler.

http://www.japtrix.com/Merchant2/merchant....gory_Code=Z33EX

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Resonated pipes should not affect performance they are the same open pipe but with perfortaed skin and a pack to muffle the sound.
We manufacture a 3" mid pipe that bolts to the stock muffler.

http://www.japtrix.com/Merchant2/merchant....gory_Code=Z33EX
Wow, that midpipe is perfect for what I need. I just don't think I'm willing to spend that much to get this problem fixed. If I have to I'll just remove the Y-pipe, but I don't want to have to result to that.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Wow, that midpipe is perfect for what I need. I just don't think I'm willing to spend that much to get this problem fixed. If I have to I'll just remove the Y-pipe, but I don't want to have to result to that.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
I hear ya, if it helps I have a slightly lower pricing I have for club members which I can extend to you.

http://www.japtrix.com/Merchant2/merchant....&Category_Code=

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, thanks Gus! :yourock:

If I can't get it to stop on my own, I'll definitely be giving you a call. That pricing will work out a lot better. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts