Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:helpsmilie: Hi, everyone I have a few Question for you all. How is the greddy turbo kit? I want that turbo sound so bad and I don't want the fake sound cause it's not the same. Well, i's planning to Get greddy turbo put in the Z but is it ok with stock or do i have to upgrade the engine parts like the piston, crank shaft. etc.... I am planning to do it my self. Well, I Don't know what who to connect the e managment to the ecu. Is it like a plug and play which you only plug the connecter to the ecu?. I want to know everything about it before i start working on it. Thanx a whole lot.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
What power level are you looking at?

What is your price range?

Do you think you may want more power than the power level you are wanting right now?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/quote]
Well, my price range is 7 grand. That's all i can afford right now. I just want the tt to put in first I don't now if that's a good idea or do i havve to upgrade my engine component too.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
[/quote]
Well, my price range is 7 grand. That's all i can afford right now. I just want the tt to put in first I don't now if that's a good idea or do i havve to upgrade my engine component too.
<div align="right">[snapback]91139[/snapback]
[/quote]

You really need to read the link that KShep posted - GReddy has some issues & APS seems to be too "new" to know just yet. Play it "safe" - it's much more expensive to blow one than it is to build your current engine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
You don't need new engine internals until you pass a certain point...in boost level, desired HP. There are a lot of good threads & knowledgeable people on this site, people who've blown engines so you don't have to...

Do your homework before you put your $$ down. Make SURE you know what you're getting into. If you just want 'sound', get an exhaust.

Doing a TT install yourself ain't no picnic in the park, & if you're not sure of what you're doing, you'll have a $30k driveway ornament, not including the $7k you dropped on the kit.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
<div align="right">[snapback]91139[/snapback]
[/quote]
You really need to set a power level. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey,

I have been running the Greddy TT on my stock Z for about 40K miles and it works great. I run the stock boost, if you plan to do more than that, then I would really protect you investment and do the internals first. Otherwise if ~352 RWHP (my dyno) is good enough you can save the money and go straight to the TT kit. The key is getting a good install. I will tell you that the fill kits, install, gauges, boost controller and everything ran me about 10K. I know some folks said I paid a bit to much, but quality install is key.

Shaun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/quote]
Hey, thanx your right the quality installer is the key. Then i guess i'll follow your step. I'll get the TT and not to boost it up. Thanx alot. Do you know anyone install it in MASS? thanx

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Proper engine management and fuel delivery are key issues with the Greddy. The wastegate springs have more control over available boost than the Profec. It is easy to get a spike up to 10psi or have your (unshielded)crank angle sensor foul the timing. These are known issues with the Greddy...use caution.

Locate a shop that has installed the Greddy kit in a Z ...don't be thier guinea pig.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry, I don't know anyone in MA for the install. Call greddy and talk to their technical support guys. That is how I found my installers. I'd ask the guy if they owned the car where would they take it. The tech support guys in any company always know the real dirt.

shaun

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]
Hey, thanx your right the quality installer is the key. Then i guess i'll follow your step. I'll get the TT and not to boost it up. Thanx alot. Do you know anyone install it in MASS? thanx
<div align="right">[snapback]91641[/snapback]
[/quote]

where in MA are you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts