Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Should I add a 5mm spacer to the rear nismo rims? (pics below)

• Yes, would look good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it looks fine you idiot.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what you guys think. I have been thinking about it lately because the +30 offset of the rear wheels have always bothered me, I am sure nissan did this for a reason, but I am not sure I really care :) :cheers:

heres a pic of the current setup:

also, I dont want to hear about the drop, I have hotchkis springs sitting next to me, I just need the time to leave my car :)
thanks guys

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have an "after" picture, would you?

I think it would look good, but I heard spacers can wear out bearings and such. Do you drive your car hard?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]
Well, hard to understand what you mean by that. (no pun intended) I guess I do my fair share of aggressive driving. When I got in my car this morning I looked at the wheel / fender well in the rear, looks to be a bit tight fitting, I might not be able to add the spacer without rubbing issues on bumps etc. How do you guys with Volk +25(or is it +24) rear offsets get by? Sure seems like it would rub to me.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I am in a rush to do have a bunch of stuff to get ready for ZDays so I am brainstorming like crazy. The Zpc is almost done (basically just need to wire it up) and my jdm nismo side and rear pieces are on their way soon. All I have left is prep and paint. Also have to get my springs installed. I dont know, just a lot of stuff going on....

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:thumbsup: ZDayz :drool:

I can't wait to meet you by the way...gonna be fun.

I hope someone else has something to add...

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Hey man, I'd leave it. It looks better than my stock 18's do, but I wouldnt add a spacer. Not the way I drive lol

If anything, its one more thing to break during cornering.. which in the long run could cost you your car if a wheel snaps and you go headfirst into somethin.

How much of a drop are you goin for by the way? Will it put your alignment way out?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

If you can do it Chris.

And yes Buddy its gonna be hella fun. Gonna be great getting to meet everyone!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Spacers by themselves do not damage wheel bearings; it is the offset which can do this. The car doesn't know if the offset change came from a spacer or a new wheel offset. If stock offset is 30 mm, then using a new wheel with 40mm offset or a 10mm spacer with the old wheel doesn't matter. What happens is the weight transfered to the bearings becomes uneven, with more on the outside bearing than the inside bearing. This can cause excess wear on the bearing, but is it enough to even matter? Don't know. :doh:

Spacers don't break when cornering, not if you use quality ones. But those can cost over $100 each for the Z.... :jawdrop:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I voted yes. I like the flush look. In other words, I like the tire/wheel combo to line up with the edge of the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts