Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've called NNA numerous times over the last two years tring to find out how many 2003 PPW track models were made. They always say they don't know for sure. I find this hard to believe since back in the 60s and 70s you can tell how many of each car were made with every different option available.

If there are any dealers or salesmen out there that would do us a favor and find out some production numbers of the colors and models , that would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Yeah, they gave me the same BS...How ****** up does a car manufacturer have to be to not know how many cars they made??Like its top secret info or something..

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think it would be good to know how many are made in each color for each model. It's just one of those things that a Z lover would like to know. Just how rare or popular is a particular model & color. Looking forward to the results. I would also like to see the how many Manuals vs. Autos were made.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Originally posted by Cantos@Sep 1 2004, 06:36 AM
I think it would be good to know how many are made in each color for each model. It's just one of those things that a Z lover would like to know. Just how rare or popular is a particular model & color. Looking forward to the results. I would also like to see the how many Manuals vs. Autos were made.

i'd rather not know the numbers ...
suprisingly , I dont see that many Z's in my area , and that makes me feel special...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the only PPW Z in my area until recently. I live in a fairly small area and my cousin came over my house and said what was I doing out last night at 1am. I said I wasn't, so I guess someone else has one now :(

I'd still like to know how many PPW Track models were produced in 03. NNA told me there was around 2200 track models but they couldn't break it down any more which is BS.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I know for a fact that PPW was one of the rarest colors they made. My dealer said people were going nuts over the white Z's, he had one on the lot and it sold in about 2 hours. I'm pretty sure that CS was the most popular, and SB was a close second, but I don't know for sure.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I think PPW is the least popular color, based on the fact that dealerships don't have them in stock and you don't see too many out there. I would like to think of my PPW as a rare one, though! BY will be the rarest color since they're discontinuing it. Correct me if I'm wrong about the PPW, though. I like mine!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From what I heard in the past in 2003 PPW was the least produced color. I never even thought of the color until I saw it in person. The dealership that I bought mine from had it 3 months on their lot. For some reason not to many people liked the PPW back then.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I bet they like it now! According to the previous owner, my Z was on the showroom floor when he saw it and bought it. That's a cool story.

I still get tons of looks and compliments on the color, so having a PPW is worth it. Washed it last night in my garage, and as I was taking tar spots off, I was marveling at the beauty of the pearl speckles...sigh, I just 'dirtied' myself.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
LOL I agree that the PPW is a georgous color, but not fully appreciated till you see it sparkling in the sunshine with your own eyes. It took my breath away when I saw my first PPW. If Lucy had been totalled I would have gotten PPW. Yeah I'd like to see the production numbers w/ the BY touring....wonder how many of those are out there. Probably not a whole lot.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Similiar story Smoothz, I was shopping around for a Z and a saw every color in person except the PPW. I drove to a dealership about 2 hours away from my house. They had a redline, BY, CS, DB, and a SS. Before I got there I was planning on getting the SS. I pulled into the dealer and it was a cloudy Febuary morning. I looked over all of the cars and thought of pros and cons to each color. I couldn't decide so we left to go get breakfast. So we're gone about 20 minutes and my cell rings, it was the dealership telling me that they will give me an incredible price if I come back. I figured since we were 2 hours away and had to pass them again on the way home I'd stop. Heres the funny part I never even bothered looking at the PPW until I came back. The sun had come out and it was the only color that my wife said I didn't him&haw about. The salesman said they could give me the track model for the same price as the SS touring that I was interested in earlier.
Back when I bought the car is when most were paying alot over invoice and I ended up getting it for 3000 under.
4500 miles and 1 year 7 months later I'm still happy with my choice although any color on the Z looks great.

We need that list, I've been looking all morning on the net. Somebody has to have some kind of connections with NNA.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That, Hugo, IS a cool story. You got a great car there. Hold on to her.

All I can say about my Z experience is that I'm on my second pearl white Z, each time with another color in mind. I guess it was meant to be...PPW.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I would definately go with PPW if I had to choose another color, not that I dont love my SS. Just dont see as many PPW here. Lots of CS and SB.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts