Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AC Just decided to stop blowing cold air yesterday. Ive tried looking for fuses but Im not seeing any for the A/C. Has anyone had this problem? Nissan wants to charge me $170.00 just to look at it. Please, any help would be cool.

·
Registered
588 Posts
AC Just decided to stop blowing cold air yesterday. Ive tried looking for fuses but Im not seeing any for the A/C. Has anyone had this problem? Nissan wants to charge me $170.00 just to look at it. Please, any help would be cool.
Ummm...just an option...but is your Z under warranty?

·
Registered
411 Posts
my friend had a short ram intake and the dealer said it was the cause of a melted AC line(check out your AC lines) but i know they are full of it.............besides checking you AC lines....go to an auto parts store and buy one of those bottles to refill your freeon.......should be less than 15 bucks depending on the size of the bottle, or try to get one with a guage to see how your freeon level is at

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
So it just turned to no cold but still blows? Try turning it off and on a few times, as well as cold to hot and back. Mine did this last summer and it sucked!!!! 110 degrees with no AC.

It fixed itself though, so I cant really offer any more help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You might want to check that your blower fan is working. If it isn't working properly your a/c unit will shut down because of heat soak.

·
Registered
118 Posts
1. Check Blower Fan.
2. Check to Make sure Clutch is engaging on Compressor

If the Clutch is not engaging, check the pressure in the low pressure port. I say this because compressors have a pressure switch in them, and if they are too low to operate, the switch won't make and the compressor won't turn. Now the blower won't be bad if it's blowing HOT air. If it is blowing air period, you are good there. I'd definatly check the compressor/clutch, and pressure in the lines.

You can pick up a kit from Autozone cheap to check those things.

If you don't have a leak and pressure is good, chances are your compressor /clutch is jacked. The reason I am refering to them together is because you can't just fix the clutch on this compressor. You are stuck getting a new compressor all together. It is a BITCH to install.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1. Check Blower Fan.
2. Check to Make sure Clutch is engaging on Compressor
If the Clutch is not engaging, check the pressure in the low pressure port. I say this because compressors have a pressure switch in them, and if they are too low to operate, the switch won't make and the compressor won't turn. Now the blower won't be bad if it's blowing HOT air. If it is blowing air period, you are good there. I'd definatly check the compressor/clutch, and pressure in the lines.

You can pick up a kit from Autozone cheap to check those things.

If you don't have a leak and pressure is good, chances are your compressor /clutch is jacked. The reason I am refering to them together is because you can't just fix the clutch on this compressor. You are stuck getting a new compressor all together. It is a BITCH to install.

Hope this helps.
cool Thanks for the help guys! Very helpfull your mothers raised you well. Im going to run it buy an a/c repair place an repost the results for future inquires.

N

·
0 Posts
Mine has done that too........when sitting in traffic or something it will stop blowing cold air and start blowing hot air. I dunno I just thought it was supposed to :doh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey sorry to revive thread, but my ac is not working and my FRONT BLOWER FANS ARE NOT engaging..... how do I fix that? thanks!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had a couple AC issue that both worked themselves out. Which means the issues are still there.... My AC stopped once as well, in traffic. Just blew hot air. I thought it might be a mechanism to keep engine temp within range... Dealer and my tuner said that wasn't the issue. Anyway, it didn't do it again so...

The other issue was the AC would come on and stay on for no reason. I thought this might have had something to do with the reflash when I get it tuned. Again, it happened for a whole day then never happened again.

I chalked it up to being electronics.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you air HVAC is blowing air, but not cold air, then you need to get your R-134a refrigerant evacuated, and recharged,I serviced my AC system today with R-134a refrigerant in my 2006 Nissan 350Z. It holds 19.2 ounces of R-134a, and 6 ounces of PAG oil. I performed a recovery and it only pulled out 13 ounces of R-134a. After 7 years it vented 6.2 ounces of R-134a. So less than an ounce per year. Started noticing that my car would take longer to cool down the cabin. I wasn't able to get the before temp, but it is a noticeable difference. I'd recommend to anyone with 7 year old car or greater to get there system checked. The R-134a pushes the PAG oil through the system especially to the compressor, and if your compressor craps out because you didn't have enough R-134a to push the oil... Compressors aren't cheap. Just a friendly heads up, if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having a/c trouble too. I never use mine and apparently the ac belt snapped god knows how long ago. So I'd been driving without a drive belt to the compressor. I installed a new belt and that's when I noticed my ac didn't work anymore. It sounds like the compressor kicks in but no cold air I put a gauge on the service valves and it read that it was high on pressure so either I tapped into the wrong side or the gauge is broken or my pressure is really high and its setting off a high pressure switch. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ac stopped working!

I'm reviving this thread again. I'm having the same problem as the last reply. My clutch appears to be engaging and my fans blowing but no cold air. I got a bottle of r134a refrigerant and a gauge. When I attached the gauge to the low side, the pressure was super high, so I depressed the the handle to relieve some of it. I got the pressure down to an appropriate level but still no cold air. So I reduced the pressure to about 15 psi, then attempted to add more refrigerant. I started to fill the lines for only about 5-7 seconds, then checked my gauge... It was back to crazy high (150+) psi. This is leading me to believe something is prohibiting my Ac system from flowing freely. How should I go about diagnosing this problem on my own? If there is already a thread covering this topic, can someone post it? If this particular incident has not been covered yet, I will make my own thread so we don't run into this problem anymore. Any input is appreciated thanks for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If your a/c belt broke, either it wasn't replaced on schedule or it could be a problem with the pulley or compressor. I'd start by pulling codes from the BCM.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts