Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided that I love the bronze or gold look on the PPW and I am going to get some new wheels for christmas. The one thing I am unlcear about is what swapping the wheels will do with my Vehicle Dynamic Control. I read that it just doesnt work but it does not make sense to me. Is there something on the stock wheels that makes the VDC work? Sorry this is kind of a newb question and I did read my manual but I am still confused. :doh:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
The only thing about wheels affecting your VDC is the fact that some people experience issues when changing wheel sizes in a significant way. Most people who bought new wheels and increased size do not have an issue. Your ECU controls your VDC.

If you have the TPMS in the wheels, that would be one thing that you would consider transferring to your new wheels.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So basically as long as I get 18's that are close to the same size as stock my VDC will still work? Thanks for the info smooth and also check out those rotas i posted up on your topic about gold on PPW.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
So basically as long as I get 18's that are close to the same size as stock my VDC will still work? Thanks for the info smooth and also check out those rotas i posted up on your topic about gold on PPW.
Yeap, it is more about overall tire diameter than wheel, if you choose the appropriate tire size to keep the same or as close as possible to stock diamter the VDC/TCS will be fine.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info, it is MUCH appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts