Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Maryland and have added a few goodies to my ZR. The owner of AAM has a blue Z (not sure of year) loaded with his parts, including a Greddy TT, eManage, TEIN suspension, the list could go forever. I'm sure he's pushing 450 rwhp.

I went in get my ECU flashed and he took me for a ride. For those who are not familiar with AAM's location, it's in a commercial strip area. As we approached the final light to "see what he had", we noticed a new Mustang (driver only) with an intercooler (I assume SC'ed) behind us. I don't think the stang was the new shelby variety as it was solid black.

I believe the speed limit is 45mph in this area. Well, we freed up and he got next to us and YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT A RACE!!!!!! Speeds got up to 100mph in what I can only describe as an area where 50mph is the average on this two lane road. Cars were here and there, but they raced in between pockets of traffic.

The Z pulled away each of the four times that they raced. Races were rolling starts around 30mph and each time both cars started even and the Z pulled 2-3 car lengths every time!!!

That was enough evidence that TT's, and AAM tuning, are the way to go for me.

The sound of both cars was sick!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to wait until spring. It's a lot more than bolting on the TT. A new clutch, suspension and traction are in order as well. Volk should be getting a call from me soon.

I'm going to get an exhaust from them soon, though.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I live in Maryland and have added a few goodies to my ZR. The owner of AAM has a blue Z (not sure of year) loaded with his parts, including a Greddy TT, eManage, TEIN suspension, the list could go forever. I'm sure he's pushing 450 awhp.

I went in get my ECU flashed and he took me for a ride. For those who are not familiar with AAM's location, it's in a commercial strip area. As we approached the final light to "see what he had", we noticed a new Mustang (driver only) with an intercooler (I assume SC'ed) behind us. I don't think the stang was the new shelby variety as it was solid black.

I believe the speed limit is 45mph in this area. Well, we freed up and he got next to us and YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT A RACE!!!!!! Speeds got up to 100mph in what I can only describe as an area where 50mph is the average on this two lane road. Cars were here and there, but they raced in between pockets of traffic.

The Z pulled away each of the four times that they raced. Races were rolling starts around 30mph and each time both cars started even and the Z pulled 2-3 car lengths every time!!!

That was enough evidence that TT's, and AAM tuning, are the way to go for me.

The sound of both cars was sick!
The Shelby GT500 won't be out until summer of next year.

Nice race.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clearly your avatar says crofton. I have friends there, near a country club.

Are there any meet and greets in this area?

·
Registered
598 Posts
been trying to get some together. maybe now that there are a few of us around i can finally make it happen. btw i live two minutes form both of the country clubs you speak of.welcome to the forums
mdzowner

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey bobby you might have seen my car there... its the daytona blue 350z they are working on right now. They should be getting ready to put it back together and tune it for my by the end of next week. Looking for about 500-525 rwhp. But really im just saying that these guys so far have been great to work with! I give them A+!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree, they are top notch. They are in the process of fabricating a true dual 2.5" exhaust from the cats back. Dave tells me that they'll put it on Mike's car in two weeks for me to view/listen to. I don't like a lot of noise, but I appreciate an exhaust that has a throaty-ness about it. At that point we'll decide whether I want a different resonator.

They are awesome. Willing to use Mike's car to sample something that I'm interested in.

I will be going FI this spring, I'm just prepping exhaust, suspension, etc. to be ready.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey bobby you might have seen my car there... its the daytona blue 350z they are working on right now. They should be getting ready to put it back together and tune it for my by the end of next week. Looking for about 500-525 rwhp. But really im just saying that these guys so far have been great to work with! I give them A+!
What is your setup to accomplish that much in rwhp?

Are you changing internals as well? My brief look into FI suggests that at that level of HP internal mods are necessary.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AAM is a great place.

IMO, Randy is the coolest guy down there. Nothing excites this guy. He just keeps on doing his thing.
I agree, but my guess is that he's doing OK. I was there on Monday and Randy was talking to some guy about his boat.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What is your setup to accomplish that much in rwhp?

Are you changing internals as well? My brief look into FI suggests that at that level of HP internal mods are necessary.
It is a built bottom end with CP pistons and Crower rods. Mike told me they expect to get anywhere from 500 to 525 rwhp. So i guess I will have to just wait and see what happens...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
quote name='illz33' date='Nov 5 2005, 02:34 PM' post='173762']
What fueling? what turbo(s)?
[/quote]

Noone. It was a figure of speech. You said that "He just keeps doing his thing." My point was that just doing his thing must be "OK" if he's talking about his boat.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts