Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a trip to Altered Atmosphere Friday and Saturday. Had an awesome time. Everyone from AAM is extremely friendly and professional. I had AAM install:

Strup Headers
AAM angled plenum spacer
AAM / Random Tech. HF cats (ceramic)
AAM y pipe
AAM ECU reflash (technosq.)
dyno tune

The Strup headers are very nice quality and truley a midrange header. Making a nice difference in the middle of the power band. All of the AAM spec parts are top notch. I can def. recommend ANYONE looking for tuning on the east coast to check them out! Esp. if you are wanting a reflash!! Why do mail order if you can tune on the in house dyno at AAM??

It's late so I appologize if any of these numbers are wrong.. I'll double check tomorrow. I will also have the files/charts to post in a few days. I have print outs, but not files yet.

* 25ft/lb torque & 21hp @ 4500rpm
* 21ft/lb torque & 21hp @ 5200 rpm
* 20.5ft/lb torque & 21.5hp @ PEAK

All and all I am VERY pleased.. The car feels much better. And I feel a lot better knowing that it's been flashed and tuned. The A/F ratio without tuning would have been downright lean. But after Mike's tuning, it was a solid 13.5:1.

The car runs like a beast and sounds even better with the exhaust opened up in front of the ARC. Next on the agenda are the rest of the ARC parts, 3.917 fd, Nismo/Cusco LSD, Tilton semi street & some suspension / brake tuning. The next few months should turn very interesting. smile.gif

Check the website out for pics of the trip to AAM soon. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Glad to hear you are satisfied. I will be heading up there sometime in the near future for a few custom fabricated parts I spoke to Mike about and a tune..

Rob

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey with your spacer did the strut bar rub against your plenum because it seems to happening with mine and i took the strut bar off and the car does not vibrate at all inside but now there is a huge scratchin my plenum.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, i recommend them highly.

I don't think mine is rubbing.. i'm wearing the greddy bar right now. Didn't check it .. i don't think it was though.. no sounds of vibration... going to arc bar soon anyway. ;)

later.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
the car's sounding like a real machine now, those headers look sexc as ****, if only you could see them in the engine bay

u US guys are lucky to have such parts so easily accessible and so **** cheap :punch:

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the car sounds wonderful

all the videos i had of it.. disappeared when my drive went out!! :(

But .. i will avenge..

The car is getting a host of new goodies... (still)

Big "ol endless brakes and Zeal coilovers. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts