Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody had problems with the AAM spacer? i found a website stating that the AAM spacer cracked the upper plenum of a 350z(in Canada),maybe it was one of the first spacers created? or maybe it was an '03-04 350Z, and now they make the '05s stronger, but i dont want to install the spacer and then pay a crap-load of money buying a new plenum :banghead: , so lets hope mine doesnt crack, it should be at my house by monday,(hopefully in the morning) then i'll repost again........................wish me luck

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
There are alot of people running spacers now and this is the first time i have heard of the plenum cracking because of it. Were all the spacers and washers installed correctly.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea it comes with new gaskets, well if its this rare for the spacer to crack the plenum, then i think that person didnt know how to install it, thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've had my AAM spacer on basically since I bought my Z in August and I've had zero problems. AAM installed mine.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Maybe it was overtightened during the install? :dunno:

I know that can be a problem with some of the aftermarket plenums.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I've had my AAM spacer since July.

Perhaps it was torqued on too much. :dunno:

The spacer won't crack a plenum.. It just sits on there. Now over tightening the bolts could DEF. crack a plenum.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have seen plenums crack, in general, if people use the wrong bolts....ones without washers built into them. You can also crack it by overtighening. I think its safe to say, then when a plenum spacer or aftermarket plenum is properly installed...you wont crack them.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its in, didnt feel anything in the driver side BUT, when i was in the passenger side, it felt like my ribs were being pushed back(cool) or something, and it did make a purring sound at low rpms, its cool, worth the money, took 30min's to install, came with all the bolts i needed and the new upper gasket, feels like i gained more tq than hp

·
Registered
223 Posts
Like everyone here said, I'll bet it was a result from over tightening. Bolts are supposed to tightened without too much torque. Both gaskets should be aligned nicely, also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts