Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i use silicone to make for a better seal, or just follow the enclosed directions? i read some guy's online installation directions of a Skunk2 spacer and he recommended to do this. it seems a little sketchy to me, but i want the best vacuum seal.

(i haven't received the spacer yet, does it say to use any type of silicone or tape for the bolts or w/e? i used to think it was a literal "bolt on," but now i have these questions)

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I'd add a small amount dead center on the parts of the plenum that meet, so none can bleed over and disrupt airflow. Basically, do it to the lower half first, and stick it until ya get the hang of it. Then, do the same to the top half.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just a little reminder....since my turbos manage to get destroyed from silicone. Try to make sure that you get a very clean seal and that none of it spills over into the plenum. Where I put my new oil pan on I used RTV sealent which is pretty much silicone. Well once silicone is put under high pressure..(i.e. forced induction applications) the silicone becomes like sand in your motor! Not a good thing to have. So if you do make sure to keep it clean when using it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts