Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several times in the last couple of really hot weeks, my A/C has started blowing hot air after running correctly for a while. It will last for 5 or 10 minutes and then start blowing cool air again. When it does this, I cannot switch between the fresh air/recycled (cabin) air either, and I am reasonably sure that the compressor is not running. I'm still under warranty but my dealers favorite expression is "cannot replicate" so I would like to go in with something to tell them to look for. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Guessing, but compressor or thermostat most likey culprit. Seems like this is not an uncommon issue...I'll check around and see what I can locate. Why do the issues aways disappear when you're at the dealership? :headshake:

Well...I looked around as this IS uncommon. My freon was not re-charged after the motor build and of course there was zero cooling. If cold air comes and goes in your case, I agree, don't think it's a freon issue.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Have you checked the A/C button in the middle of the control and made sure it was on and not just the fan?

Sorry, just trying to solve your problem by starting at the bottom.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Aug 3 2005, 11:42 AM
Have you checked the A/C button in the middle of the control and made sure it was on and not just the fan?

Sorry, just trying to solve your problem by starting at the bottom.
[snapback]140985[/snapback]​

Yup, checked that 1st thing. And it just starts with the hot air out of the blue, where seconds earlier it was cold; never touched a thing. And it is weird that I can't switch from outside air to inside recycled air when that happens, as I CAN when it is working correctly. That indicates a compressor problem to me. But I will let the dealer figure it out - going to try a different dealer than where I bought it - Nissan North really supports our club and seems to take a lot more interest in the Z than the jerks where I bought mine, which was a mile from my house. Have a couple of other minor issues to address anyway so I guess it's time. Thanks all :yourock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts