Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big thank you goes out to TOYKILLA (aka Josh) for his fantastic write up on how to replace the stock head unit. I decided to go with the Kenwood DDX-7015, and all I can say is that I was glad there were really good instructions. Any tips on usage for this ridiculously complex unit is welcomed. Thank you again Josh.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
anytime.. the best way to learn about the 7015 is to just play with it.. lol

i never read instructions :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is what I did last night however I thought I hooked the DVD ground wire up incorrectly as I could not get the DVD player to play. That V-Setup button is slightly confusing. Is there a way to play the DVD's without using the reomte?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I think you have to have the remote to play DVDs..

It is confusing.. When you put a dvd in, it will start playing, but you have to switch the video input to actually see what is going on.. I think its the blue button? or the one right above?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it was confusing, I did the green to ground thing and I was worried that they had devised a new way to prevent DVD playback while driving. Thankfully everything worked like you showed. Real quick question Josh, do you remember how many screws you were able to use to mount the head unit to its brackets? I could only get the top two. Does that sound about right? Thanks again.

Oh by the way, I received the Crutchfield instructions complimentary with the metra dash kit, and they were significantly less accurate, thorough, and made no mention about the AC unit, in comparision to Josh's. Well done.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i think i used 2 screws on each side.. the 4 holes on the bracket did not line up with the holes on the head unit. This is typical for that type of mounting and 4 screws total is plenty to hold that in place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts