Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feeler
I am a about to get 6 plenum spacers made here in Sydney. I have got a price to cut 6 units & the finished price will be A$ 285.00 inc GST. Kit will comprise of a Aluminium 8.00mm Spacer & bolts to suit with 8mm spacers to lift strut brace & a New OE Plenum Gasket.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Yes please.

EDIT: Are these things going to be angled or whatever to even out the airflow into all the cylinders?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes please.
EDIT: Are these things going to be angled or whatever to even out the airflow into all the cylinders?
No they are the same as the Esprit & Hydrazine unit.
I got 1 made up about 3 years ago for our car & did the dyno test & they work.
What got me going again was I have just fitted a Skunk 2 version for a customer & it did not fit well (touched the bonnet) So I thought I would get 1/2 a dozen made here.
I will place the order later today for the 6 & they will be ready next week

·
Registered
139 Posts
Feeler
I am a about to get 6 plenum spacers made here in Sydney. I have got a price to cut 6 units & the finished price will be A$ 285.00 inc GST. Kit will comprise of a Aluminium 8.00mm Spacer & bolts to suit with 8mm spacers to lift strut brace & a New OE Plenum Gasket.
Hi Peter,

Is this a group purchase? I am interested in the plenum spacer myself for quite some time now.

Regards,
Z33Fairlady

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Peter,

Is this a group purchase? I am interested in the plenum spacer myself for quite some time now.

Regards,
Z33Fairlady
I,m going to get 6 made, If there is more demand I will get more cut.
If there is no demand I guess I'll be stuck with them.
I,ll post them anywhere in Aust

·
Registered
342 Posts
Is it a 5/16 like MD's ?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think making it angled would be very expensive, since it needs to be done on CNC and that isn't as cheap as cutting a slab of aluminium. I've also seen the first spacer Peter has made and the quality was great.

·
Registered
562 Posts
By the way Peter, if you want to take measurments for the AAM spacer let me know since my engine cover is off. I should also bring my car over tomorrow morning for service, but that will depend if work will allow me or not.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Pete - I'm up for one regardless. Let me know when they come in, and I'll get you guys to install it (and finally meet you too).

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I think making it angled would be very expensive, since it needs to be done on CNC and that isn't as cheap as cutting a slab of aluminium. I've also seen the first spacer Peter has made and the quality was great.
It wouldnt have to be a CNC machine to grind down the laser cut spacer to a set angle. CNC would be nice though.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was just about to purchase MD's. However this sound interesting. The only thing I have a question mark about is...I don't know the credentials of this product ie workmanship etc. MD is proven. Can anyway set me straight?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
the basic 5/16" MD is around the same price, but the shipping makes it more expensive at the end of the day

i personally would go with the MD because of the isothermal parts and copper throttle body. Nolonger does heated coolant get constantly pumped into the plenum. Which means crisper throttle response even in stop start traffic on 30+ degree days

it will freak you out how much cooler those parts make the plenum. Its merely luke warm to the touch after driving home from work in 1hrs worth of traffic. Before, driving the car from my driveway to the garage after a wash would make it hotter to touch

Plus as u said, its a proven product

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've seen the one which Peter has made 3 years ago and it looks good. All it is is a piece of aluminium cut to shape. From the pics of the MD spacer they looks very similar. For $285 it's a bargain, if Peter made it a year ago I would have got his instead of the AAM I've now.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hi Peter,

Regards,
Z33Fairlady
Bernard, go for Peter's product, you won't go wrong with many years of racing behind his works! I can say... it is a STEALTH!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
139 Posts
Pete - I'm up for one regardless. Let me know when they come in, and I'll get you guys to install it (and finally meet you too).
Hi Peter,

Me too! Let me know when you have them. I definately would like one fitted to my Z33.

Regards,
Z33Fairlady

1 - 20 of 26 Posts