Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i think the biggest concern you should have is making sure that you knwo what your doing when using it. im not saying that you dont know what your doing, but alot of things that go wrong are from USER error. I would research it as much as possible!!

Personally, i would rather have some other kind of FI, either a turbo or SC. these systems are always there, but they do cost alot more. the whole nitrous thing is great if your looking power at a cheap costs, but there are draw backs to it. one thing that annoyed me was the fact that you have to put the bottle in and out, and then you have to go for refills. Over time this adds up and was an annoyance. This is just my opinion and thought i would share.

good lyuck with what you choose, BTW there is a great thread here about a nitrous setup somewhere. ill see if i can find it

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
A 75 shot will be fine. I am actually seriously considering going this route for more power. I just can't afford a SC or TT right now, and its a nice boost in power for the price. Probably would only use it at the track and it leaves less wear and tear on the engine the rest of the time. I think its a good alternative.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Two primary concerns:

timing retard to avoid detonation & proper fuel increase to avoid 'lean' a/f mix when you hit the button. Be careful, as the stock pistons have a short 'land' for emission reasons...makes them a bit more susceptible to 'chipping' under stress.

Properly done, a 75 shot is safe, cheap HP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are going to use nitrous I recommend you install:

1. Window switch - Engages the nitrous only between a certain rev range (example 3000rpm - 6500rpm)
2. Fuel pressure switch - Cuts nitrous if fuel pressure drops
3. WOT switch - Only allows nitrous to engage if the car is at WOT

·
Registered
270 Posts
most kits now-a-days come with WOT switches....75 shot will be fine all day long. I sprayed a 50 - 75 shot on my civic for two years and the motor ran pefect the day I sold the car. Do some research, follow the rules of nitrous (when to spray, how often, what not to do, timing retard, bottle pressure, etc).....all these things count and more....it really isn't alot to remember...remember knowledge is power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.