Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some research on possibly adding a 100 h.p. NX nitrous kit to my Z. I do not have many mods but a 100 h.p. should do the trick for a 12 sec. Z. What is needed to run that much juice ? Is retarding the timing a factor ? can you use stock fuel system or does it need to be upgraded ? What kind of sparkplugs ? I just ran my car this weekend it was alright 13.96 @ 99.88 on Dub's. If 12 sec can be done off 75 h.p. i will go that route to stay away from heavy spray. thanks

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I think you will definitely need to do some tuning to keep the engine safe.. I dont know much about Nitrous, however there was someone running a 200+ shot of it for quite a long time with no problems. The eventually uppsed it to 275 and the engine blew up.. i think i have a video of it somewhere.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A 75 shot shouldnt' be a problem. I've heard of 100 and 125 shots to be ok; however, I personally wouldn't risk the Z engine for a 100 or 125 shot without some work done. Some kind of unit needs to be purchased to regulate air and fuel stats. I've talked to a car dude here in Cal that works only on Zs, and he said that he's confident that you can SAFELY run a high shot of nitrous on STOCK INTERNALS if you can get proper air / fuel ratios. That's the key. He even offered me a warrenty if I had him do my install because he's so confident. This unit I saw him have was $700. You can check out a Greddy EManage and see if that will do the job. As for spark plugs, get Iridium Sparks. Check my sig.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well, im running a 150 shot on stock engine so ill let you know how that fairs out. Although my ecu has been tuned by altered atmosphere to retard the timing and add more fuel so i think its safe. i hope... o well ill kick some serious ass b4 it blows wont i.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts