Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
i usually drive my car slow but my foot does get a little heavy when the green light goes. I still get 29 average mpg/24 mpg.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
i usually drive my car slow but my foot does get a little heavy when the green light goes. I still get 29 average mpg/24 mpg.
No kidding, I know this thread is older than jesus, but whatever happened to driving the speed limit (if not under) in 6th gear?

and I'm guilty of every single one of those...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm fairly certain carrying less rpm (under 2k) seems to be less economic than running just over 2k.

What RPM is the engine at in 6th when doing about 70 and getting the higher MPG?

Has anyone fitted a vacuum gauge to the 350 to see which is the better cruising gear based on the speed?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Taking off slowly from the lights has been proven to use more fuel than accelerating away as the engine labours and uses fuel more inefficiently....given if you spin the wheels or just about do that you will use more fuel but crawling away from the lights not only uses more fuel but you also risk your well being from the giant lug in the pick up behind you.
Any way who cares about fuel consumption if you drive a 350 / 370 Z..they are super efficient on gas. If you are so concerned....drive a prius. wally

21 - 25 of 25 Posts