Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you might have seen this on the s2000 forum.... such as DavidM, Iggy... but seriously.... I just cannot stop myself posting this to everyone....

550HP turbo driven Amuse s2000..... amazing power with the amazing look... and apparently the GT1 kit is up in the market for those hardcore owners to get their cars to have this look....

Here some photos:

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://66.111.206.65/internet%20amuse%20gt1/Amuse002.jpg');}" />

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://66.111.206.65/internet%20amuse%20gt1/Amuse003.jpg');}" />

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://66.111.206.65/internet%20amuse%20gt1/Amuse004.jpg');}" />

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://66.111.206.65/internet%20amuse%20gt1/Amuse005.jpg');}" />

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://66.111.206.65/internet%20amuse%20gt1/Amuse006.jpg');}" />

<a href='http://66.111.206.65/internet%20amuse%20gt1/Amuse007.jpg' target='_new'></a>

cheers and enjoy them!

richie

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Yeah, I do like that one very much. I'm not a fan of body-kits but this one looks good. All Amuse cars seem to look good.

You might also be interested in a particluar Turbo S2000 that is in Sydney. It was just featured in the "Seroios Performance 8" DVD:

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/shop/hi/1001400147hi.jpg');}" />

Also just recently he took it to WSID and returned 11.914sec @ 124mph pass. And that was with a crappy launch and toom uch wheel-spin on top of the gears ... he's going back next week. Though he has 'only' 450hp at the wheels.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That would be a sweet daily driver! Nice!

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Jun 4 2005, 02:49 AM
Yeah, no power and torque until 4,000, then WHAMMM!!

Yep, because what a motor as peaky as the F20C needs is a big turbo.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Holy **** that thing is sweet!!
Besides that 6 foot rear wing, it looks like a beautiful piece of machinery. I wonder what the price might be for that conversion...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aaron,

The body kit is around 5700 AUD (for the parts) and that has everything ready to go onto the car... not too sure about that engine though... but bolting on a supercharger on a S2000 isn't too hard now since there already have some kits for it... and I am sure there are many turbo kits too in the market... I really liked that s2000... simply looks amazing!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
43 Posts
that > my Z

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Besides that 6 foot rear wing, it looks like a beautiful piece of machinery. I wonder what the price might be for that conversion...
I wouldnt drive that car WITHOUT that wing... For a beast like that you need some major downforce. I believe all the body parts are dry carbon ?? Ive read a few other articles on this car and apparently they are selling complete cars, and have plenty backorders even before the final design was complete.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I wouldnt drive that car WITHOUT that wing... For a beast like that you need some major downforce. I believe all the body parts are dry carbon ?? Ive read a few other articles on this car and apparently they are selling complete cars, and have plenty backorders even before the final design was complete.
Right, but there are other ways of making downforce. You don't see tall hovering wings on German or Italian supercars, but they still handle with the best of them at their respective top speeds.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah a good underbody "kit" would have a much better effect than that wing. BUt that car is amazing.

A Turbo kit for an S2000 is about 10k. But you gotta remember that that Amuse does more than just a turbo, lots of internals would be swapped too I'd imagine.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
it already has underbody diffusers.. like i said.. i wouldnt want to drive that car witout a wing like that..

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Right, but there are other ways of making downforce. You don't see tall hovering wings on German or Italian supercars, but they still handle with the best of them at their respective top speeds.
Are you talking about the companies who design and build Euro supercars, or the companies like Amuse that have to modify other people's products?

Because if you be fair to Amuse and compare it with the Euro companies that have to work with other companies' compromised cars, this car is just as be-winged as Gemballa, RUF, Hamann, Koenig, Hartge, Karlsson, etc. They start with cars that have a lot better aero to start off with and can avoid doing it for a while, but at a certain point even they start putting giant wings on.

And you can't say the S2000 was designed with the same top speeds (or even R&D budget) as a Porsche 911 or BMW M3.

And if you look at high performance sports cars that the Japanese have designed and built (even these companies that traditionally do the aftermarket, like the ASL Garaiya and Tommy Kaira ZZ) these cars are not hugely winged. Like the Euro supercars, their body design provides more downforce than "external" aerofoils.

·
Registered
293 Posts
By the way, the Bugatti has a big wing, but it has to come down for max speed as it gives too much drag. I think the Amuse only has a rear diffuser kit, not the whole underbody. I am talking about creating a smooth underbody that will suck the car down to the ground. HOWEVER, like scathing said, we're talking about a TUNING house, not a car manf. Hence, you get that kind of kit, you'd need to spend hours in the wind tunnel... plus computer sims, etc etc. I think they've achieved an AMAZING car with this S2000, and should get full credit (not that they aren't :) )

PS. The GT3 has a big wing on the back that it REALLY needs because it has a fairly open underbody

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I thought the Bughatti had the wing come up only for high speeds.. not come down.. there were issues with instability when they were over 200mph

1 - 20 of 20 Posts