·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can order a 5000K brightstar HID. thx guys

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I had *heard* a lot of the HID kits are now illegal because they are not DOT compliant? Can someone verify this?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
conversion kit. ballasts, igniters, the whole deal. base Z

Only thing I can find is www.brightstar-hid.ca which is a canada based dealer....:dunno:

Are you looking for just the bulb or the conversion kit? What model Z do you have?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Oh man where were you a week ago. I just parted out my car before I sold it and sold my Brightstar 5000k kit a week ago! Its a great kit. If you can find one definately go for it. many members on the boards have it on thier Z. Its just very hard to find now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have also seen the disclamer that the kits are "for off road use only" and "not street legal." Does any one know why the kits are illegal? Is it because the headlight assembly is not make to take the heat from the HID bulbs? I have a base and would like to get a HID kit, but would like to know why they are illegal before I put them on my car.

conversion kit. ballasts, igniters, the whole deal. base Z

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I have also seen the disclamer that the kits are "for off road use only" and "not street legal." Does any one know why the kits are illegal? Is it because the headlight assembly is not make to take the heat from the HID bulbs? I have a base and would like to get a HID kit, but would like to know why they are illegal before I put them on my car.
because they are not DOT certified.. nothing is wrong with the kits, they just did not go through the certification process.. It would be pretty unlikely to get in trouble for having them since most new cars have HID now

·
Registered
9,180 Posts
anyone know where to buy replacement bulbs? my godfather bought a kit for his chevy blazer and one of the bulbs died...havin the hardest time tryin to contact the canadians

·
Registered
118 Posts
anyone know where to buy replacement bulbs? my godfather bought a kit for his chevy blazer and one of the bulbs died...havin the hardest time tryin to contact the canadians
Hello Onii,

If you're still looking for replacements bulbs, please check out our site: www.visionbulbs.com

We have replacement bulbs (come in pairs) for $109.95. We have 5 color temperatures available including: 4300K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K, and 12000K.

Let us know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Hello Onii,

If you're still looking for replacements bulbs, please check out our site: www.visionbulbs.com

We have replacement bulbs (come in pairs) for $109.95. We have 5 color temperatures available including: 4300K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K, and 12000K.

Let us know if you have any questions.
These are direct replacement for the stock HID bulbs?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts