Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose 40k is major - in terms of brake fluid and diff oil being changed in addition oil & filter - add another $40 to that 'cos I supplied my own oil.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (VQHRZed @ Mar 20 2009, 11:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=571538
Wow, im almost at 40K, bummer guess im gonna end up forking out something similiar
You can probably do better at small independent, but be weary:

I see services done by the previous owner costing $160-200, because the car didn't travel many kms it had actually already had 40k kms scheduled service done at 17k on the odo (due to months not kms) - and the the cost was still <$200. However, on that old invoice the costs don't reflect nor do invoice show new brake, fluid, diff oil etc so the invoice claims "performed 40k service as per manufacturer's handbook" but it was BS - seems they did oil, filter & air filter that was it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
QUOTE (monyx @ Mar 21 2009, 08:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=571585
You can probably do better at small independent, but be weary:

I see services done by the previous owner costing $160-200, because the car didn't travel many kms it had actually already had 40k kms scheduled service done at 17k on the odo (due to months not kms) - and the the cost was still <$200. However, on that old invoice the costs don't reflect nor do invoice show new brake, fluid, diff oil etc so the invoice claims "performed 40k service as per manufacturer's handbook" but it was BS - seems they did oil, filter & air filter that was it.
I had my 40k service done at Rockdale Nissan for $350. That's their standard price and it's the cheapest I can find.

However they tried to rip me off by lying to me about the level of brake pad wear (telling me that my rear pads have 2mm left when I have 50% left) and then tried to charge me $6xx for a set of 2 front pads (yes, pads only) and $7xx for set of rear pads. Quoted $1500 for replacing 4 pads.

I bought set of 4 Ferodo DS2500 pads from VSport for $400 and had the front ones fitted by a local mecahnic for $66. Rear ones still have 50% left so are fine.

Just be careful.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah that sounds like typical dealership bulls*@t, my 30k service i got quoted $1500 for "cheap" hancook tyres and $1600 for front rotors, i told them were to stick it and bought toyo proxies for $1200 and am still running fine with the brakes

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Mar 21 2009, 09:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=571610
You can do a lot of the "recommended" service yourself and save a lot of money:

recent discussion I know this is for a different mileage but it still applies...
oh for sure - however I look for log book stamped services inspecting 2nd hand car -as I did for this Z, despite the best intentions and assurances from a seller it turns me off if there's no to little stamps in the book and they claim to have done themselves. Maybe not an issue for run-of-mill Ford/GMH but sports or performance cars, potentially driven harder...and if they're too cheap to pay for services maybe they were too cheap to replace all the consumables when they shoud've?
So reluctantly I will shell out to have a 'log book' history at least while the car has lower mileage on it. Of course do the interim oil&filter changes myself.

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (dkc64 @ Mar 20 2009, 09:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=571600
I had my 40k service done at Rockdale Nissan for $350. That's their standard price and it's the cheapest I can find.

However they tried to rip me off by lying to me about the level of brake pad wear (telling me that my rear pads have 2mm left when I have 50% left) and then tried to charge me $6xx for a set of 2 front pads (yes, pads only) and $7xx for set of rear pads. Quoted $1500 for replacing 4 pads.

I bought set of 4 Ferodo DS2500 pads from VSport for $400 and had the front ones fitted by a local mecahnic for $66. Rear ones still have 50% left so are fine.

Just be careful.
Shita they did change mine saying the same thing... ****!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts