Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this stuff w/ the 3M (red) acrylic foam tape? I read the directions on the 3M website and it says to apply w/ some type of roller or a felt tipped applicator, neither of which are in my toolbox, anyone have suggestions? Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
What are you wanting to stick? The only adhesion promoter I know by 3M is in an aerosol can.

I know that you usually get a "roller" with Dynamat. Is it for just rolling out the air bubbles?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I just used it when I mounted my skirts. I purchased the foilpacks that comes with a piece of foam soaked with the adhesive. 3M Adhesion Promoter 06396 is the part number.

a sponge or foam (like you would see in a window mount air conditioner) work well - just make sure the body part is clean and the foam too :bump:

if you get some on the body, wait till it dries and then clean with cleaner wax - it will come off easy.

email me your address and I will send you a pic - still haven't figured how to compress images!

·
Registered
28 Posts
i bought a box of those adhesion promoter "wipes"

along with the tape its VERY strong...only use the adhesion promoter for heavier items (you dont need it for emblems and stuff)

i liked a place that has all the tape and promoter you need

http://www.handsontools.com/store-categori...-Tapes_467.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts