Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has had any similar situation happen please help me! I was driving home from the gas station with my 370z and as I went to shift into 4th gear and accelerate again it’s like it had no power or reaction from pressing the gas at all. I pulled it over to the side and it immediately died on me. It threw code p0113, p0031 and p1148 when hooked up to my uncles scanner. We have already checked all the wiring and even on the harness itself and nothing appears to be damaged, we have also replaced the 02 sensor and a maf sensor and that fixed the p0113 code but it is still saying that bank 1 02 sensor throwing a code, it says it is stuck in closed loop b1

·
Super Moderator
1,612 Posts
Does your Z34 run at all at this point? Is it just P0031 and P1148 that's appearing? Can these codes be erased, or are they hard codes?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We thought it might have been the battery so we fully charged it and cranked the car up and it actually idled fine for about 5-10 seconds before losing rpms and dying on us again. We have also jumped it off and it idled fine but died when trying to give it gas. I have not been able to actually drive it since it died on me the first time. It did have a maf sensor code but that was fixed when I put the new one one and now it’s just showing the p0031 and p1148, which is the second time it’s showed p1148 my uncle said it was a duplicate. We have tried erasing them but they just come right back

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also I don’t know if any of this information will help but these things started to happen as well. My passenger and driver side window will roll down automatically when I open the door a tad bit likes it’s supposed to but won’t roll back up unless I manually do it, and the volume on my touch screen radio suddenly stopped working but when the battery was charged fully it started to work again. That’s a hit or miss and don’t know if any of that will help or is relevant

·
Super Moderator
1,612 Posts
How old is the battery in the car? Charging it may only be masking some power issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How old is the battery in the car? Charging it may only be masking some power issues.
As far as Ik it could still be the original battery I think, I’m unsure sorry, but we took the battery to an oreileys to get tested and they said the battery was good but I was skeptical about it could it still be a battery issue even though they said it was alright?

·
Super Moderator
1,612 Posts
Correct- lead-acid batteries have a useful life of 4-5 years before they begin to degrade. The load tests at parts stores are far from definitive. Not saying the battery is the only problem, but if you have no info as far as service records, it's useful to know an '09 Z34 model has 13 years of wear on it. Any tags or labels on the battery itself that indicate when it was manufactured?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Correct- lead-acid batteries have a useful life of 4-5 years before they begin to degrade. The load tests at parts stores are far from definitive. Not saying the battery is the only problem, but if you have no info as far as service records, it's useful to know an '09 Z34 model has 13 years of wear on it. Any tags or labels on the battery itself that indicate when it was manufactured?
It says July of 2019 was when it manufactured

·
Super Moderator
1,612 Posts
Good- most likely, you can rule out the battery as a cause of your problem with that info. Is your 370Z still stuck in limp mode?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good- most likely, you can rule out the battery as a cause of your problem with that info. Is your 370Z still stuck in limp mode?
Yes it’s still stuck in that closed loop b1, we planned on checking the voltage of all sensors today but other than that we are at a loss

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will the car idle OK? Is it stuck in limp mode (won't rev above 2K)?
We got it fixed, and it was embarrassing to find out what the whole issue was. I determined that my gas gauge is indeed broke and is not reading correctly 🤦‍♂️. The sensors were bad but the computer didn’t have enough idle time to reset the codes because there was no gas in the car and it was telling me we had over half a tank 😂

·
Super Moderator
1,612 Posts
We got it fixed, and it was embarrassing to find out what the whole issue was. I determined that my gas gauge is indeed broke and is not reading correctly 🤦‍♂️. The sensors were bad but the computer didn’t have enough idle time to reset the codes because there was no gas in the car and it was telling me we had over half a tank 😂
So the Z would not start or run because it was out of gas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So the Z would not start or run because it was out of gas?
Embarrassingly enough yes, my gas gauge is not working properly and told us we had over half a tank. And had previously poured about a gallon in it as well but apparently that was not enough for it to read and we just needed more. I’m going to look at buying an aftermarket fuel gauge soon

·
Super Moderator
1,612 Posts
Embarrassingly enough yes, my gas gauge is not working properly and told us we had over half a tank. And had previously poured about a gallon in it as well but apparently that was not enough for it to read and we just needed more. I’m going to look at buying an aftermarket fuel gauge soon
I'd suggest getting a new OEM fuel pump sending unit installed rather than installing an aftermarket unit. The gauge is built into the fuel pump and why not replace the whole thing and get your factory fuel gauge working properly? Also, how many miles are on this 370Z?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd suggest getting a new OEM fuel pump sending unit installed rather than installing an aftermarket unit. The gauge is built into the fuel pump and why not replace the whole thing and get your factory fuel gauge working properly? Also, how many miles are on this 370Z?
Yea I might look at that instead, would probably be simpler. And it has 139k at this moment

1 - 17 of 17 Posts