Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to get car out of 6th gear I went to put it reverse to fast and it got stuck in 6th gear and it says it's in neutral

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 09 370z and it's got 148k on it and I was at a stop light behind a van that decided to back up and I tried to hit reverse real fast and jammed it into 6th gear and it says it's in neutral and its stuck in 6th

·
Super Moderator
1,348 Posts
Thanks for that clarification. If you can't move the shift lever out of sixth gear, you may have blown the CSC (concentric slave cylinder). Have you checked the fluid level on the clutch master?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I haven't but I will and the clutch was working fine cause I drove it in 6th gear home and I checked the clutch and it still works fine it just seems like I just jammed the thing in 6th gear and its stuck

·
Super Moderator
1,348 Posts
Not sure how you would even get the car started in sixth gear. If the clutch still works, than you may have jammed the shift rail. You may need to pull the center console and pull the top of the shifter mechanism itself to free it up. How much mechanical experience and tools do you have?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I'm gonna do tomorrow with a friend and I think your right about it cause I can start it right now and burn the clutch a little but take off in 6 th gear cause when I went to shove it in reverse I missed and hit 6th and it says on the dash I'm still in neutreu

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But it was just a missed the gear and I believe I will pull that cover and be able to free it up the shift rail is probably what bbn is jammed thanks for your input and I'll let you know what happens

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure how you would even get the car started in sixth gear. If the clutch still works, than you may have jammed the shift rail. You may need to pull the center console and pull the top of the shifter mechanism itself to free it up. How much mechanical experience and tools do you have?
Well we pulled it apart and it wasnt the shifter it's in the transmission so we gonna take it to shop

·
Super Moderator
1,348 Posts
As I said in post #7, you may have jammed (or damaged) a shift rail in the tranny. When you put it back together, I recommend using Redline MT85 to help lubricate your gearbox.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right on thank you I also have a 350 that I'm gonna drive it's a automatic so it's pretty durable but thanks for the knowledge

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nothing yet to be honest it wont even be looked as t for 2 weeks these hillbilly folks are all scared of the z they haven't worked on any of them and the nizzan dealers are no wiser they just book you down around southeast missouri but but I have a 350z... that I'm driving but I miss the 6 sp 370 lol I'll let u know what's up asap

·
Super Moderator
1,348 Posts
Wow- I wouldn't let any tranny shop touch my Z unless they have at least one tech who has disassembled and repaired a Z33/34 gearbox.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts