Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that haven't read today's paper, the Telegraph had a story on the 35th anniversary 350z.

The writer had good things to say about the zed. He also went onto say that the 35th model drove no differently to the current track version. He wrote that the extra 15 kw (221) and loss of 10 nm torque was not noticeable. He did say however that he noted the fuel consumption was a little up and said it was probably due to the extra 600 revs till cut out.

The 35th adds $2000 to the track cost. For this you get different 18" wheels, choice of three colours and the 'extra' power.

Also mentioned the changes for the other models for 2005:

-Auto's now get a computer controlled downshift (or blip)
-The 6MT get a smoother shifting tranny.
-The roadster now gets VDC and Brembo's.

If anyone can scan it & post would be a good read.

cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
[/quote]

haha, how much for the roadster + Brembo :clap: ? but I still don't want the VDC. :doh:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It didn't state the pricing on the roadster. As a guess, I think the pricing will be the same as current, just adding value to the model line-up!

Nishit, now has 5% more to play with now that the import duty has been reduced by 5%.

They should be adding stuff to the Touring & Track but this would clash with the 35th model! So expect things to stay the same touring/track for a while.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Surprised that Nissan has not droped the price of the Z's yet as they have not added any extra goodies. Think they're trying to pocket the 5% saving???

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I think at the moment they are adopting a wait & see attitude. They are stuck with the 35th coming out and so don't want to see anything broaden the gap between the track, touring & 35th.
The roadster gets more goodies because it doesn't compete in the same segment.

I think it will backfire on them as the zed sales have slowed dramatically since the launch.
Expect really good deals on any zed later on this year and/or upgraded specs across the board 9maybe as early as June/July.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Gary Rogers Nissan in Glen Waverly (Melbourne) has one in their showroom its also Yellow.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Anyone knows if the flywheel in the updated engine is any different from the one we've got? If it's lighter then that could be something worthwhile looking into.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think it's the same, only the bottom end is stronger from the current reports.

·
Registered
7 Posts
what are the implications of these stronger internals on the APS TT kit, im assuming u can run alot more boost now?

i saw in another thread TrackZ made 276rwkw, very impressive given the stock 150 odd rwkw, but i would have thought 2 turbos could produce more power than that. A new Gen 4 clubby produces similar power

1 - 12 of 12 Posts