Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've just found out today from my local Nissan dealership that Australia will be getting approximately 200 35th Anniversary 350Z cars. 3 colours to choose from, Yellow, Black and Silver. He said 221kW! Woo!

:clap:

The interesting part.... the cost. With the Track being AU$65,990 + ORC + LCT (i think it was) the 35th Anniversary will be only $2000 more. Which fits in about the same as the USA difference between the Track and 35th Z (US$34,500 vs US$36,300).

Now does this represent good value for money? perhaps.... i'm interested and i've asked my dealer to call me the second he has one in for a test drive.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I would also find out if the Track is going to get power increase just like it has in USA. What are the other differences between the 35th Anniversary Z and the Track?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]

Actually interesting thought... I didn't realise that the track had more go in the USA (should check that out!) :)

Special wheels
special limited colours
build number plates
more power

Thats all I found out.. should find out more soon though...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Good news for you.

Be careful though, they will probably try to charge full price for the 35th edition. Buying my zed recently, I paid no where near ticket prices.

Just be aware of this. If you really want it, and want to be one of the first then you will pay a 'premium'.

Also, 5% duty has been lifted off since 1st Jan 2005. Most manufacturers haven't reduced prices but they have specced up their models thus adding value to reflect this import duty reduction by the federal govt.

Cheerio

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yeap, the 2005 Track got the same engine as 35th anniversary Z.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/quote]

How much did you pay (if you don't mind me asking, or post it as a PM) :)

I realise i'd pay a premium, but I also figure 200 total units it will be a premium anyway. But the dealer did the calculations and said it would be about $73,500 on the road, and 'could' be done for about $70,000. So i'm guessing there is room to move anyway :)

I haven't noticed a 'bump' in specifications for the 350Z since the new year which is interesting as I do agree. Any thoughts what has changed, because the price hasn't.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Diffrences are: camshafts, VTC on intake and exhaust instead of just intake, lots of stuff changed in the bottom end. 7000rpm redline. No one knows exactly which parts have changed in the bottom end.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nuff:

I just got a zed magazine overseas, but it is written in japanese... I took a look and it seems that they changed con-rod bolts (different part number from the nismo part I have got), different crank shaft (providing different cooling way, which I am not too sure) at the bottom end... also according to Jason at Performance nissan, it seems that the 35th edition will have an oil cooler and a different oil pump as well...

with those changes, it seems like a good buy though?!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
MORE INFO:

Directly translated from the magazine with my sister's help!

World first exhaust side VTC, larger cam angle, intake manifold becomes shorter with larger diameter and the piston rings have greater tension now. Furthermore, Con-rod bolts are changed and the contact surfaces have been further polished in between the crank shaft and the con rods. Oil routes of crank shaft have been changed with further engine tunings to get the best HP out of VQ35DE.

It also says that the power stays the same at 280HP, but the torque of the 35th is reduced by 1.3 kgm and the fuel eco. is also reduced by 0.3km/l. A better 0-100 km/hr acceleration timing has been achieved because it can reach 100km/hr in 2nd gear now (with 7000 redline rpm).

THat's all it says about japanese spec 35th Zed..... hope this info. helps!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
562 Posts
Perhaps the japanese version has a more restrictive exhaust hindering the power. It could be the same situation as australia and usa. And once you put a more free flowing exhaust it would have a greater tunning potential.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I think a street legal aftermarket exhaust won't do that much, maybe 5-10 kw ( I believe that is all they got with the APS yesterday).

the 'strengthened motor' means better chance of long term reliability if going F/I, also N/A build ups would be a lot cheaper because most of the work has been done by the factory. ECU changes could also bring larger gains than currently.

Lots of things, need a while for them to be on the market & modded.

·
Registered
125 Posts
does anyone know for sure when the official launch of the 35th anniversary zed will be here in oz? this year? next year? any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[/quote]

The dealer I was at seemed to think it would be in the next few weeks to perhaps 2 months away, but no further. The fact he had official pricing seemed to make me think it was close.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Originally posted by mickyboy@Feb 12 2005, 02:54 PM
I think a street legal aftermarket exhaust won't do that much, maybe 5-10 kw ( I believe that is all they got with the APS yesterday)

A good catback exhaust will see around 10-15rwkW. The stock Australian model's one is quite restrictive.

·
Registered
785 Posts
A good catback exhaust will see around 10-15rwkW. The stock Australian model's one is quite restrictive.

I'm not so sure on that.
Looking at what has been posted around the traps.
The most gain I saw posted was 19 kw, but this was posted by APS on their own system so I think too much BS there.

The worst I saw was 2kw (nang3).

So anywhere from 2-10 would be the best guess.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by mickyboy@Feb 13 2005, 01:30 PM
The most gain I saw posted was 19 kw, but this was posted by APS on their own system so I think too much BS there.

The worst I saw was 2kw (nang3).

So anywhere from 2-10 would be the best guess.

yeah but then there is the 'noise' increase which can be good or bad based on the design. :) More quality noise from the arse end of these cars is a good thing :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Fix up my previous error:

Worst I've seen for a cat back system was 2kw increase

Best I've seen was 16kw.

When looking around a closer range of 10-14kw.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts