Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the wheels on the 35th annniv. Z. Has anyone seen this exact design by another manufacturer????

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
the RX8 wheels look very similar

keep an eye out in the classifieds, someones bound to swap rims

i will probably keep mine though when i get around to buying new rims, just to alternate, because the wheel is really growing on me, especially the shadow chrome finish against the SB

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would'nt get rid of those either. They look awesome with the SB.
**** , I would love to have a set. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Have you tried speaking to your dealer to see if he can order you a set? Might be pricey, but he should be able to get some for you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know that price is insane. I told the parts guy that was crazy and he agreed. Maybe he didn't know what he was doing. I'll try another dealer.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Hehe...I remember when I first got my Z and asked how much the wheels cost. The salesman told me the six spoke 18" were around $600-700 a piece. :faint:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Originally posted by SCDOO 2@Aug 15 2005, 01:23 AM
I was priced Friday for a replacement at $730 list and $550 cost.  :dunno:
[snapback]145600[/snapback]​

These suppliers/dealers must be on crack. You can get Nismo rims (forged Rays Engineering) for under $500/each. Don't get me wrong, I like the looks of the 35th rims but they are not as light nor as wide as the Nismo rims. Why oh why would anyone pay that much when you can get better for the same money or less.

That is unless you absolutely want the exact design of the 35th rims, in which case you should find some on e-bay. BUt don;t pay that much for them. That's silly IMHO.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by LeMansEAKZ+Aug 15 2005, 12:23 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SCDOO 2
@Aug 15 2005, 01:23 AM
I was priced Friday for a replacement at $730 list and $550 cost. :dunno:
[snapback]145600[/snapback]​

These suppliers/dealers must be on crack. You can get Nismo rims (forged Rays Engineering) for under $500/each. Don't get me wrong, I like the looks of the 35th rims but they are not as light nor as wide as the Nismo rims. Why oh why would anyone pay that much when you can get better for the same money or less.

That is unless you absolutely want the exact design of the 35th rims, in which case you should find some on e-bay. BUt don;t pay that much for them. That's silly IMHO.
[snapback]145703[/snapback]​

Very good point! I was basing my opinion on looks alone.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nissan factory wheels are crazy money. the 35th anniversary wheels if I remember correctly they are aobut 600-700 each.

the track wheels were about 1000 each

better off buying aftermarket wheels or someones take offs

~Z~

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z@Aug 15 2005, 10:36 PM
wow thats a bit over priced! you can get some bad ass rims for that price including the tires
[snapback]145932[/snapback]​

I just bought these rims:
http://www.spyeng.com/product_info.php?products_id=2849

I bought 19" rims (staggered) and Michelin Pilot Sports A/S for $3k. :cheers:

I'm amazed that Nissan chose to put Bridgestone (unrated) tires on the Z. A sad day, indeed. :banghead:

Ask for Derek at Spyeng.com. He wants you to get the best looking rim you can buy.
Bryan

·
Registered
120 Posts
Originally posted by JT350z@Aug 13 2005, 08:24 PM
I love the wheels on the 35th annniv. Z.  Has anyone seen this exact design by another manufacturer????
[snapback]145356[/snapback]​

If you really like those wheels - Wait! They will be the standard 18" wheel on the '06s. When 06s have been out for a bit, take offs will then be in abundance.

Lou

·
Registered
258 Posts
The closest thing I've seen to look like the 35th anniversary rims are Advanti rims. They're called 'photon'. Look pretty good, available in 19's aswell...They have that look which is in the anniversary rims where they bend halfway into the spoke. They are available in Australia but not sure about in the US. I'm thinking about putting these on myself.

[attachmentid=10316]

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
Just wait till next year when the 06 has the heavy anniversary rims (I'd be mad if I had an anniversary) on all models but the track. Then they should get cheap as people replace them aftermarket rims.

Factory rims are expensive because most are bought for collision repair paid for by the insurance companies. Nobody who shopped around would buy factory wheels.

Chris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts