Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There I was lining up to run only my 4th 1/4 mile run in my car when I look over and see a yellow Sentra SE-R lining up next to me. I knew the guy...he was running on slicks and 75 shot of NOS. Who knows what other mods he had. Anyway, I am thinking low 14s right? Well, light turns green, he gets the jump. My bad RT was .721. By the 60' mark (1.986) I was even again. All the way down the track he was right next to me. I think he actually beat me....by a hair. I go to the booth to get my slip and I look at it in disbelief...that guy ran a 13.907 @ 102.21. Unbelievable! Then I happen to notice my time...13.843 @ 100.14. How do you like those numbers with a full interior, stock tires...stock everything. Except a popcharger of course? He had totally gutted his interior with only the bottle and one seat in his car. All I can say is SWEETNESS!!!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Nice run ZX! Those are great times for a near stock Z.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know ya'll probably don't street race or highway race. But I do everyone once in awhile.

But, Monday i raced a Sentra SE-R and beat it. In my "big, heavy, slow truck" or so he said. He was extremely mad!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Yeah I have had several try to mess with me so far. Sad little cars...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I understand from my son that SE-R's are nice 'girlfriend' cars....not to be s3xist or anything....My wife's logs more time in our 'Z' than I do...

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I would never drive one. Slow as all ****.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by pdr@Jun 30 2004, 01:19 PM
That guy normally runs mid 13s if it is who I am thinking of (yes I post on HI also).

Yes..those stupid SE-Rs.

Yes, it is probably him. He is looking to find a turbo for it now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey now, my little brother drives a Spec V. It's a nice car with plenty of potential. It's not in Z class but it's not a terd either. It's a turbo away from being a very fast car. I am jelous of his trunk space as I have NONE. But that's as far as the jelousy goes. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
[/quote]

Try to race a "real" SE-R, 91-94 with with just a few good NA bolt ons and you will be supprised that a box whopped on your Z. I got a 93 G20 that I'm willing to run a 350Z with a F/I on it for a few hunderd bux.. yes Stupid SE-Rs. BTW SE-Rs are no longer made since 98, thats when they dropped the 200SX SE-R with the SR20 under the hood, QR25DE in the B15 is a POS engine.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts