Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read several S4 kill stories, but I'm always left questioning them. Well, no more. This isn't truly a kill story, but I'm still excited.

A long time buddy tells me he's test driving an '04 S4 with 25k miles, and I said where can we meet. We lined up on a six lane freeway at about 40mph (second gear start) and hit the pedal at the count of 3. We started with in hundreths of each other. Long story short, the Z slowly, but consistently pulls away. At about 110 I had a full car length, on two occasions. We did start from a 5mph roll, but the Z gets a little tail happy and that's where Audi's AWD comes into play. The gap started to close once I was in 3rd, and then traffic ruined our fun. If you didn't know before, you know now. The 340hp S4, a beautiful car btw, comes up a little short in the xcel dept. against the Z.

The End

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Glad you won, but do you think he might have done a bit better had he had the S4 for a longer time period? No matter how good of a driver you are, once you change vehicles, there's always that period of becoming accustomed to the vehicle.

Good to hear that the Z did so well against the new S4. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Makes you wonder how much a dat 340 makes it to the wheels. I guess those awd systems have lotsa driveline loss...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Nice! :thumbsup: I'm missing all of the fun... :cry:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's a very experienced driver, but you have a point. He said he felt his shifts were clean and precise. He even admitted the Z was faster, and both cars were boken in. I'm not saying an S4 can't beat a Z. I'm saying a Z can beat an S4. That's pretty cool. And in all fairness I have a couple mods, but nothing major.

CAI
Grounding kit
Cat back exhaust

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The S4 must outweigh the Z by a ton. Even with the extra ponies it's going to have trouble accelerating faster than the Z.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts