Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum as you can tell based on the number of posts that I have under my user name. I was wondering which I should get, I'm looking at the 350z and G35 and I'm not sure which model I should get. It seems as if getting a G35 would be less troublesome than a 350Z. There also seems to be many issues with the 350z. I was just wondering if you guys could give me your opinion on why you chose the 350z or G. Also, I like the idea of 2+2 as opposed to a 2 seater.

:newbie:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's true, but price also comes into consideration. Also, the 350Z is faster than the G35..

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
What year model Z are you looking at? The 05's don't seem to be chiming in w/ a lot of problems, heck, I have had very little problems w/ my 03 Z! The 06's are too young to tell yet.

If you need a car w/ a lot of cargo room, or back seats, then the G is for you, if you want a sporty car w/ ample cargo room, 2 seats (meaning you never have to drive the gang around) then go for the Z! :cheers:

G

·
Mine is a 03 never had any problems with it .........I have never had tire feathering. But maybe I dont have enough miles on it yet......only 24K miles. I bought it new in August of 03

·
Registered
312 Posts
My feathering occures about every 3-4k miles. Nissan rotates the front tires and does an alignment. Then when they feather on the other side they replace the tires and do another alignment. Cause this time it will not happen again. Rinse repeat.

I will do this untill the warranty is up, then replace susspension with nismo or tein and get some KDWs or somthing. Untill then, I practice drifting, because free tires are nice, even if they suck.

But I agree with Ninja, I think you already have your mind made up.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I have heard that this occurs every 10,000 miles which really concerns me.

The feathering issue on the cars is so random and different for every car you can't really pinpoint mileage or even if it will happen. I have had very few issues with my '03.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Mine is a 03 never had any problems with it .........I have never had tire feathering. But maybe I dont have enough miles on it yet......only 24K miles. I bought it new in August of 03
Mine has 24K too, started noticing uneven treadwear round 9K but when I got my volk wheels and a great alignment, I have yet to see anything in 15K miles :cheers: :irock:

I have heard that this occurs every 10,000 miles which really concerns me.
No, that is not true, it depends upon the car, and what precautions you have taken, of course there ARE people (re Ledgend above) who experience it over and over. When you look at the Z, ask the dealership if there have been any TSB's taken care of for the car (they should have service record) and then check the inside tread yourself, if the tread seems uneven in height, question them!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I love both and I was really torn between the two myself, my wife and the insurance guy helped me make the decision...backseat=cheaper insurance:D, but be prepared to pay a bit more for the car itself and the Z is much more of a true sports car than the G. If I had it to do over again I would probably still go with the G but thats just me. Also be prepared for your buddies to rag you with the "it's a luxury car", "it's a tank", "do G's have the big brakes because they weigh so much"?. It's all in good fun cause they IMHO they are the best looking cars on the road, PERIOD! One more thing be prepared to get spanked by your Z buddies, if you have equal drivers the Z will get you almost everytime. Good luck and in the end like everybody is saying BUY WHAT YOU LIKE:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts