Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone knew if there are any real differences between the 350Z and the G35? I know that the Murano and the FX35/45 are different even though they are built on the same chassis. A friend of mine has an FX35 with the same engine as the Murano (I assume it's the same as the 350Z) but that the engine has titanium lifters/valves and such to give it more robustness. Is it the same between the Nissan 350Z and the Infiniti G35? Just wondering.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
They are basically the same. Th g35 is a 4 seater with a different body style. I think the only engine difference is the intake tube. The G35 has some resonators or something to keep it quiet. Suspensionn is probably a little softer on the G.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
TK is right, there aren't many differences between the two except body styling. The intake tube does have something in there to "muffle" the sound or make it quieter...buying a Z tube will rectify that prob and make it breathe better. If you need to haul a lot of stuff or people go w/ the G, if you want a 2 seater go for the Z!!! :clap:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The new G's have a bit more power, but I'm guessing it's nothing noticeable. Like Jinx said, if you want a 2 seater, buy the Z. If you want a 4 seater that's a little more refined, get the G.

·
Registered
470 Posts
[/quote]

wait both are nissan just that they bring it to the states as infinity cause in japan the g 35 is a nissan skyline

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
By me, another difference is who buys which car. For example, the G35C is the new yuppie car of choice.. they get them in silver and automatic of course, and load them down with subs and chromies. Chances are if you see a Z (which is rare) it's probably modded and driven by someone who is an enthusiast .

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
[/quote]

wait both are nissan just that they bring it to the states as infinity cause in japan the g 35 is a nissan skyline
<div align="right">[snapback]89830[/snapback]
[/quote]

exactly. hence the difference

1 - 8 of 8 Posts