Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Good luck! those things are beasts, they've got the torque, gearing, moddability and camaro's weigh around the same as Z's.

My mods:
Nismo Intake
Nismo Catback
AAM Angled Spacer
AAM high flow cats and an AAM ECU upgrade!!!!!

Headers ( if you don't install them yourself ) will NOT be worth it....

It may give you the Tourque you need......but beyond that....FI

do you have an automatic?? if not...you may want to brush up on your launches!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I really mean no disrespect. sincerely, really i don't....but who buys a Z to "take down" a C6 or an SS in a straight line. These are not the cars or "races" (IMO, obviously) with which your Z is competing. It astounds me sometimes. If you want to drag race, buy a drag racer.

Haven't you ever entered the freeway with a long curving entry where the "recommended" speed on the curved ramp was 30 and you took at at 70....(maybe eked out 75 with a bit of a concern?) and your heart pounded when the tires didn't make a sound....there were absolutely no squeals, no real concerns except wondering if you are taking this beast beyond that limit....not the straight ahead speed limit?)

That to me is why I drive this car. Straight ahead speed is for a different breed of driver. I prefer the sweat beads on the brow when you execute turns that this car was designed to execute but you wonder if you can execute them. Believe me, on that on ramp...when the SS behind you leaned over, the driver slowed down because it was about to smack the guard rail.

IMO, (only my opinion as always) the wrong people drive these cars sometimes. I test the limits in handling and speed (and I may get burned), but straight ahead speed is for big block V8s.

THATS WHAT DRIVING A Z IS ALL ABOUT MY MAN U GOT IT.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Why the hate for Stanger? He's a contributing member, who is generally a fan of cars in general. I don't always agree with him, but he's usually pretty fair, at least until people take shots that he interprets as being at him (no different than 90% of the Z owners here). If you want all the non-Z owners to get off, well tough, there are a bunch of us. I post here, and stalk LotusTalk and 6SpeedOnline. We follow cars we're interested in (something Stanger has always come off as). I also like having him and Boss (sorry if I messed up the name) around to keep ego's in check, car forums have a tendency to make their cars seem like the best things in the world, even if they aren't.

~Pat

·
Registered
750 Posts
"car forums have a tendency to make their cars seem like the best things in the world, even if they aren't.

~Pat"

Im not getting at that aspect, saying the 350z is the best thing in the world, but this is a 350z fourm. I dont care if people are on here that dont have a Z, im just saying, why be on a 350z fourm if you dont have a 350z, thats all.

G

·
"car forums have a tendency to make their cars seem like the best things in the world, even if they aren't.

~Pat"
Im not getting at that aspect, saying the 350z is the best thing in the world, but this is a 350z fourm. I dont care if people are on here that dont have a Z, im just saying, why be on a 350z fourm if you dont have a 350z, thats all.
They indeed do....

I am all for owners of others cars being a part of this site, as long as everyone plays fair. Their have been people who join to just bash our cars, and that to me is not ok...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Woohooo, want to take a crack at my car? Well guess what? It's payed for and I am 21 and there are a lot better things that are going to be coming my way in the next few years than a 6-popper nissan or solid rear axle pony car. If you think you are special or "better" in some way I would think again. 28 and all you have is a Z? Maybe it impresses local highschool chics, but at 28 with a Z you are just like everybody else. Get over it. Or maybe all those mods you did to it makes you special? Who knows. All I know is that if I am still in a Trans Am or 350Z or anything at age 28 it will be because it is a DD or a fun car, not a source of internet dick swinging.

Carry on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You just sound like such an undetergicated little prick. Nobody cares how old you are or what car you drive it's about how you drive it and how much fun you have and obviously you don't understand either of those things will keep Bragging and doing nothing

61 - 71 of 71 Posts