Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
**** boy. I was just sharing a story about a mullet wearing ws6 driver settle down cowboy! Why would you assume it is a personal attack on you? And by the way, i am not going to list my personal possessions in a dick measuring contest with you but no my life is not my car. Glad you could find my profile by the way.
Considering I have a black WS6 for my daily what other assumption would I have LOGICALLY come to? (sans mullet though).

Being as this was a misunderstanding, I apologize and beg your pardon for taking your statement out of context.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Sadly most accidents happen in corners and not because of car or driver but external circumstance (gravel, ect.).
This statement doesn't make any sense to me. "External circumstances" such as road condition, road debris, weather conditions, and available lighting are up to the driver to asses and adapt to accordingly. Do you a have link pointing to where you culled this data from?

Ronin Z

·
Registered
504 Posts
This statement doesn't make any sense to me. "External circumstances" such as road condition, road debris, weather conditions, and available lighting are up to the driver to asses and adapt to accordingly. Do you a have link pointing to where you culled this data from?

Ronin Z
Jeeze, you dug something up from 2006 !!!

Okay, that has been my personal experience based on all the wrecks I have seen/friends I have had who have been in wrecks (some of which race SCCA and do quite well at it) ect. Yes, it IS up to the driver to assess that kind of stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Jeeze, you dug something up from 2006 !!!
Not really, Matt_2036 dug up the post. I didn't read it the first time around. While skimming through the post I found your statement... thought to myself "that sounds ludicrous, where'd he get that from?" So I asked.

Ronin Z

·
Registered
504 Posts
We all do....particularly Matt because he invariably spends time not being allowed here. He "catches up". Cut him some slack.
It's all good, I dug up a thread on a Mustang forum the other day. I have been out of the loop doing other things for 6 months.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I dusted a 95 Z28 SS on the highway last night.... We slowed down to a 40 roll... perfect for my 2nd gear... I pulled him like a car all the way to 125mph then I let off ... he passed and waved lol
Sounds like what should have happened did happen. Good run. Do keep in mind though that you ran an LT1 and should not expect similar results from an LS1. I ran an LS1 in m 95 TA one time and 0-60 I was ok...at 75 he had a good 2 cars, past that he FREIGHTTRAINED me :( I bought an LS1 some time later.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Sounds like what should have happened did happen. Good run. Do keep in mind though that you ran an LT1 and should not expect similar results from an LS1. I ran an LS1 in m 95 TA one time and 0-60 I was ok...at 75 he had a good 2 cars, past that he FREIGHTTRAINED me :( I bought an LS1 some time later.
Jon, I've just had an epiphany. When I was at another site there was a guy who drove an RSX Type S and he spent a lot of time at the site even though that was not the enthusiasts' site's product. He was cordial and informative and frankly, a good guy. He extolled all of the virtues of the RSX Type S to the lesser folk.

I just realized that you're that guy, here. I'm dubbing you with that distinction. Not DevilZ, but you.

Welcome back.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Jon, I've just had an epiphany. When I was at another site there was a guy who drove an RSX Type S and he spent a lot of time at the site even though that was not the enthusiasts' site's product. He was cordial and informative and frankly, a good guy. He extolled all of the virtues of the RSX Type S to the lesser folk.

I just realized that you're that guy, here. I'm dubbing you with that distinction. Not DevilZ, but you.

Welcome back.
Thanks, . All in all, for the money I think the Z is a great car and the newest versions are getting pretty dang potent! I have been out of the loop a bit, but don't they have 330bhp now in some models!? I am curious as to the REAL performance of the skyline we have coming to america. I wonder how it will compare to the other big players (Z06,Viper, ///M, ect.)

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Thanks, . All in all, for the money I think the Z is a great car and the newest versions are getting pretty dang potent! I have been out of the loop a bit, but don't they have 330bhp now in some models!? I am curious as to the REAL performance of the skyline we have coming to america. I wonder how it will compare to the other big players (Z06,Viper, ///M, ect.)
well it's still a 6 cylinder. Thanks for the kudos but it can't really compare with those big 8s you named. Though, it certainly can hold its own with some of them.
;)

btw, I've heard your "Pontiac" came really close to spanking one of these:

Waiting to read about it in "Kill Stories". ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
well it's still a 6 cylinder. Thanks for the kudos but it can't really compare with those big 8s you named. Though, it certainly can hold its own with some of them.
;)

btw, I've heard your "Pontiac" came really close to spanking one of these:

Waiting to read about it in "Kill Stories". ;)
LMAO, well for the money I saved by buying the...oh screw it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The LS1 F-body cars are one of the best drag racing platforms ever made. Its going to take quite a bit for you to catch him in a straight line. Put a corner in the road and you'll catch him no problem.

The LS1 F-body is just as fast as the LS1 Vette in the 1/4 mile. (just fyi)

21 - 40 of 71 Posts