Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

350z turbo

3K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  dkmura 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i brought a 350z turbo, the car didn’t feel that it got power. However i took it to the tuner and it only made 150 on the wheels on 9psi, so we did a boost leak, compression test and checked the exhaust but everything worked fine. The tuner checked air/fuel ratio everything worked well, he did put the boost up to 13psi and it made 194kws. Did anyone face that problem before or anyone can give me any ideas?
Details;
upgraded fuel pump and injectors.
T28 turbo (HKS TURBO KIT), the turbo is working fine no play shaft.
Upgraded coils.
Hks oil sump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Welcome, but your initial post leaves out some critical information. First off, what year is this Z and is it a USDM model? As you probably know, Nissan did not produce a 350Z turbo model, so your car must have a aftermarket kit on it. Most early model USDM Zs with the VQ35DE made 239-246whp on Mustang dynos with air correction figures.

#6 ·
If we're both using comparable dyno figures, then you have serious engine problems. How many miles are on this Z? While you've mentioned the turbo install, was the shortblock ever built for FI? Are you aware that the VQ engine was originally designed as a NA unit and cannot withstand the forces associated with FI for long?

As far as diagnosing your issues from behind a keyboard, no chance mate. But keep us informed as to what you find. Maybe we can all learn from this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.