Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking around carsales.com.au and drive.com.au; i came across a nissan 350z track edition for $45,900 !!! the car had reasonable kms and everything and a nissan 350z touring edition for $42,000 !!! high in kms, but still, nice price.

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/&#...rch_distance=25

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/nissan/3...2&pp=7&d=0&nv=1

i havent inspected them as i dont live in NSW. are these offers too good to be true ?

1 more question. was pewter a release colour back in '03 ? coz i havent seen any '03 pewters for sale.

cheers

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The pewter is an '04 colour.

And the Z's resale isn't that strong. $45K for an early Z33 seems to be about market price these days, unfortunately.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alritey thnx guys.

i've been checking out the tech section and the only problems that the '03 Z had was feathering, crunchin gear box(manual), leather problem and some greasy passenger window. with that being said, i would imagine the feathering and leather issue to be rectified since most '03 Z are waay beyond the 15k kms mark.

also, im not too much a fan of the manual since i need the Z as a daily car and i dont want the hassel of clutchin during heavy traffic. would the tiptronic be equally as powerful ? yeh, usually autos are slower, but from figures(0-400m), it seems alrite. tell me what u think. oh, do u guys know the 0-100km time for the tiptronic ? 7secs ?

many of u would know my current car situation as i've written about it before. do u guys think its good to register my interest for a 2nd hand Z at all my local car dealers for a "certain price" ? i have a good 5 months before i can purchase one, soo im budgeting around $42,000 max for a tiptronic. my offer seems reasonable.

cheers

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The fastest quarter mile time of any Australian member in a near-stock to stock car is in an auto.

But if you're only interested in quarter mile times, you're not getting the point of the Z. The 350Z sucks at drag racing. A front-heavy design and rear suspension geometry that cambers under load is not good for drags. If you want a coupe, you'd be better off buying a Monaro.

Have a look at the BFYB reviews in this month's Motor. The Z is noticably slower down the quarter, but noticably quicker around Wakefield. And, since the suspension tune is no different from the manual cars, and with the VQ35DE's wide spread of torque being in the right gear at the right time is less of an issue, so it should be a lot quicker through the bends than most auto-equipped cars in its price range.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by scathing@Aug 20 2005, 02:26 AM
The fastest quarter mile time of any Australian member in a near-stock to stock car is in an auto.

But if you're only interested in quarter mile times, you're not getting the point of the Z. The 350Z sucks at drag racing. A front-heavy design and rear suspension geometry that cambers under load is not good for drags. If you want a coupe, you'd be better off buying a Monaro.

Have a look at the BFYB reviews in this month's Motor. The Z is noticably slower down the quarter, but noticably quicker around Wakefield. And, since the suspension tune is no different from the manual cars, and with the VQ35DE's wide spread of torque being in the right gear at the right time is less of an issue, so it should be a lot quicker through the bends than most auto-equipped cars in its price range.
[snapback]147399[/snapback]​

lol, thats not the case for me. i was merely pointing out the quarter mile time. i have no intention in dragging ppl or tracking my Z. i was basically asking if the auto would satisfy my torque needs, power. being an ex-camry v6 driver, i was hoping the Z would supersede the camry in everyway, but most importantly, power and torque.

thnx for the info, looking forward in gettin the mag.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
would the tiptronic be equally as powerful ? yeh, usually autos are slower, but from figures(0-400m), it seems alrite. tell me what u think. oh, do u guys know the 0-100km time for the tiptronic ? 7secs ?

As Scathing mentioned, Lionking with an auto 350Z Touring holds the Australian 400m record ... check out the times in here:

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3027

Also I'd say that to 100kph the automatic will be juist as quick (if not quicker) that a manual. The auto needs only one shift to reach 100kph while the manula requires 2 shifts ... the 2nd-to-3rd shift drops good 0.4sec from the time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
lol, thats not the case for me. i was merely pointing out the quarter mile time. i have no intention in dragging ppl or tracking my Z. i was basically asking if the auto would satisfy my torque needs, power. being an ex-camry v6 driver, i was hoping the Z would supersede the camry in everyway, but most importantly, power and torque.

You can't compare the ex-camry v6 with the "Z". even in auto, it is still fun to drive and have enough torque, power you need. And the auto in the "Z" can put in auto-5MT mode.

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeh our Zeds dont have the best resale value - ive been trying to sell mine and nissan dealers are offering around $43-46K on average - its a late 03 build, July 04 registered Track manual, 26,000kms, tint, mats, cargo net, highflow cats, popcharger, exhaust etc in literally perfect unmarked condition because im fanatical about where i park it etc..

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by 350zdriver@Aug 20 2005, 02:29 AM
i was basically asking if the auto would satisfy my torque needs, power. being an ex-camry v6 driver, i was hoping the Z would supersede the camry in everyway, but most importantly, power and torque.

Dude - you obviously have not driven a Z yet to be asking that question.
While the Z is nowhere near the be all and end all of sports cars, it will outhandle, out accelerate, out brake, outmanouver a V6 camry, which is an understeering dog. I'm not dissing on your car, but even the 4 cylinder camy out handles the V6 because it has better weight distribution (ie its not as nose heavy as the V6).

The auto Z is just as quick, if not quicker at all NSW, VIC, QLD, SA and WA posted speed limits.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi All,

I've just started looking for a 350Z, and 03 models are the only ones i can afford.
Are there any particular issues that I should look out for with the 03 models (Track version).

Thanks alot in advance,

James

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Leungie - just make sure that the gearchange is smoth and does not make any noises. There have only been a handfull of Aussie delivered 350Z that required a new gearbox as this was mainly a US issue.
Other than that, feathering of the front tyres was a problem, but most 03 model would have been realinged and corrected this problem.
This model has not realy had any major issues (compared to a car like BA Falcon) but be sure to have a competant mechanic give any car you intend to purchase the once over.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just sold my Track for $47K with 28,000kms on it so the $45K one sounds reasonable..

the only probs i ever had with my 03 was the passenger window motor which was replaced under warranty, the rear axle click TSB also fixed under warranty, the tyre feathering TSB was fixed on the showroom floor, but i did notice ocassionaly it was hard to change into 6th gear..

apart from that I never had hte greasy windows or any other probs..

·
Registered
258 Posts
just look at the inside edges of the front tyres to see if theres any feathering..
it just takes a decent alignment to fix it..

·
Registered
258 Posts
nah but you should get them to fix the problem and maybe replace the tyres if they are pretty bad..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts