Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is mabe the second time I've hit the wiki here. When the test pipes are fixed, before and after sound clips would be great.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just tried to give my honest opinion on the pros and cons. I will definitely get some sound clips and I am going to try chasing down the hissing sound.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I didn't use the sealant either Terri and I haven't noticed any leaks. I did have the H pipe welded though because I heard thats where the majority of the leaks come from, but other than that it seems solid so far.

Nice write up Josh, i'm glad you were able to give an objective opinion of pros and cons. :clap:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Only question I have left is HP gains?.....

How does the 'butt dyno' feel?...

Nice work.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the Butt dyno says it pulls harder, but dont expect to feel a complete change. IMO 5-10hp is really hard to tell in a 300hp car. You are looking at 1-3% gain.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I think the butt dyno can give a false sense of gains due to the great sound the Borla puts out :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Even though it's advertised as such, the Borla is not a true dual. When first announced, on June 6, 2003, part of the description reads "...a newly designed X-flow muffler." Any exhaust with an "X" type muffler, mingles the gases near the tips, unlike an "H" or "X" crossover which joins the two pipes near the start of the exhaust flow and thereby aids in that flow.

Lou

1 - 10 of 10 Posts