Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might have seen this before but i saw this and wanted to share. This kit would boost the 3.2L up to a 4.2L, i saw was that you can choose your compression that you would like. Imagine having this stroker kit installed with the 8.5 compression + TURBO KIT, this would produce some nasty numbers!! Or if you wanted to go all motor you could coohse the higher compressionas well. what are your thought?

heres the companies website: AEBSRACING

Read email few post down!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I think that this could be the mod that gets us some great power finally. Now cost wise it will probably be hella expensive. Anyone know any numbers hp or cost wise for this yet?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is an email from them:

Hello,
Thanks for your interest in our stroker kit. The kit consist of one 90mm stroke billit crankshaft, one set of connecting rods, one set of pistons (8.5:1, 11.0:1, 11.5:1), one set of stroker T-sleeve (incl install, but you need to send block to us). The MSRP price is $7,850.00. As you notice there are three compression ratio, so you can use it either for N/A or F/I. In N/A form with cams, header, exhaust & ECU tuning, it should produce 400+ wheel horsepower. For F/I it should hold 25-30psi with no problems. Hope this will give you some idea of our kit. By the way, supply are very limited, first batch almost sold out. It will take 10 weeks before the next run is availiable. Thanks
AEBS

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Awesome!!! But expensive!!! $7,850 plus installation, which has gotta be at least $2,000. This is more expensive than a Greddy TT kit installed. But I am an N/A guy. Mayyybbbbeeeeeeeeeee.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by 350z@Apr 11 2004, 03:58 PM
Could u imagine the power you could get from this kit plus the greddy turbo kit?

Yeah think about it. With just 8.5 lbs of boost there are a couple cars that are putting about 450 rwhp right now on stock internals. Can you imagine running a turbo at 25lbs boost on this!? This will be crazy when someone trys this. Cant wait to see what will come of this.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by 350z@Apr 11 2004, 08:50 PM
Dave,
if i had the money i would be the guinea pig!!  maybe daking will do it!!

We can take up a collection and use my car as a guinea pig. I dont think I would mind too much

·
Registered
66 Posts
Even running around with only 8.5:1 comp ratio the block should still be putting out higher than stock #'s easily.

--j2

·
Registered
66 Posts
Which will be good for the low-end, especially if you go with a huge turbo that has lag, atleast you'll still have some grunt down low to keep the 60' times decent, and general low end acceleration to still be pretty good till that turbo spools and then makes you loose all traction

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
This kit look sick!.. I vote to buy a greddy kit, and later down the road when the power seems not enough, put this stoker kit in and up the boost.. Should be fun till to wrap a telephone pole..but fun either way..

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is an awesome kit, but it increases the displacement from 3.5L to 4.3L. You'd probably have to send the ECU to Technosquare to keep the car from going crazy. Upgraded fuel system, tranny parts, and diff would most likely be needed. The Greddy TT kit can handle about 800rwhp accord to the FI people on my350z. Some 10.5s out back could help the traction problem, too.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by NimsoKid@May 23 2004, 12:48 PM
This is an awesome kit, but it increases the displacement from 3.5L to 4.3L.  You'd probably have to send the ECU to Technosquare to keep the car from going crazy.  Upgraded fuel system, tranny parts, and diff would most likely be needed.  The Greddy TT kit can handle about 800rwhp accord to the FI people on my350z.  Some 10.5s out back could help the traction problem, too.

Hey Al. Glad to see you on the board! I agree with you on that one. The stroker kit matched with all the other needed upgrades would be sick. Cant wait for someone to come up with the funds to do all this to their car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dave, what's up. If I had the money, I'd be all over this kit right now. It would suck if someone got it and the ECU just decided to say no and not start up the engine. Has AEBS even ran this in a 350Z yet?

Edit: LOL, I just saw that I misspelled my username, awesome!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Haha I didnt even realize that till I looked at your name just now. At least you caught it now instead of having a bunch of posts and then discovering it.
I am not sure if they have tested it yet or if anyone has put this kit in their car yet. I know there is a big thread on this subject on the "other" board.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts