Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took off the 10" sub on the zed and was amused by the size of it and the amp that went with it. Also, there was plenty of room behind the sub, surely they could've made more use of it?

Here are some pics:
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://members.optusnet.com.au/scandrew/bosesub.jpg');}" />
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://members.optusnet.com.au/scandrew/puny.jpg');}" />
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://members.optusnet.com.au/scandrew/subspace.jpg');}" />

Threw a more powerful amp into the space behind the stock sub and hooked up a 12" sub in the boot. Much nicer... now it has the 'umpf' it should've had for a $60k car.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
Yup...that's what is in there. I was taken aback myself when I saw it for the first time. Perfect if weight reduction is your goal...not so good for sound reproduction.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had the whole area dynamatted and added a nice sub too....but
I've been getting a little rattle back there somewhere but only on certain songs. I guess some songs just hit it just right to rattle when the bass hits, others sound great. anyone else have that prob, or offer any solutions? Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
Could be from the rear strut tower ....best to try and isolate before committing to a fix. The rear strt tower has been know to rattle from normal road vibrations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by KShep+Jun 9 2005, 08:10 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Red Goat
@Jun 9 2005, 09:53 AM
I had the whole area dynamatted and added a nice sub too....but
I've been getting a little rattle back there somewhere but only on certain songs. I guess some songs just hit it just right to rattle when the bass hits, others sound great.  anyone else have that prob, or offer any solutions? Thanks
[snapback]111629[/snapback]​

Could be from the rear strut tower ....best to try and isolate before committing to a fix. The rear strt tower has been know to rattle from normal road vibrations.
[snapback]111653[/snapback]​

In addition to dynamating the area, you should also stuff fiber fill into the enclosure. It will tighten the bass. I have a 10" Pioneer Sub in the stock location with a 200 Watt Pioneer amp. I get very good bass even with the stock system.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm amazed that there hasn't been more adverse comment about the **** sound system in the Z.

In '02 and up to last year, the forums ran hot with indignation about the lousy sound - I wrote to BOSE and got an admission that "the system is not up to our usual standards" amongst other things. An upgrade fix was in the pipeline.

Unfortunately it was the US site - Aussies can go hang!

I don't know if the later models included a change, but up to late '04, they were still KRAP.

Bose wouldn't know the meaning of the word FIDELITY.

FROZZLEY

Attachments

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
ive heard the 03 Bose and its not half as good as the 05, the 03 sounded all muffled like there was too much base through the speakers

on the 05 deck u can turn the auto sound leveling feature off with 2 button presses, no need to get under the steering column with pliers and a soldering iron

the speakers lack clarity at high volume, and the sub doesnt do much, but i didnt have high expectations. Its not a Mark Levinson or McIntosh system, its only Bose (Clarion paper cone speakers)

im going to slap my 05 components on ebay, there should be quite a few people wanting the new stereo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts